AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Bosco Wong to play Detective Dee

hong kong bocso wong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36456 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Bosco Wong to play Detective Dee
Saturday February 9, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-170122518.html

Posted Image

Bosco Wong will be playing the role of a younger Tang Dynasty detective, Dee Renjie, in the new Chinese drama "Young Sherlock" following the success of the "Detective Dee" franchise in mainland China in recent years.

Not to be confused with Tsui Hark's upcoming Hong Kong film, "Detective Dee the Prequel", Jayne Stars website reported that "Young Sherlock" is a 40-episode historical-detective drama filled with mystery, suspense, and romance. The historical epic will also touch on intriguing political drama, including Wu Zetian's rise to imperial power and the Xuanwu Gate Incident.

In "Young Sherlock", twenty-year-old Renjie travels to the empire's capital, Chang'an, to take the imperial Mingjing examinations - supervised by the Empress Consort, Wu Zetian. During the examination, an assassin disguised as a student attempts to kill the Empress, but was stopped by Renjie.

The Empress later on orders Renjie to track the killer, who Renjie later realises to be a woman.

In addition to Bosco Wong playing the character for the first time, the show also cast Ruby Lin as the intelligent Wu Zetian, Yuan Hong as Emperor Gaozong, and Ma Tianyu as Di Renjie's competitive sidekick, Wang Yuanfang.

The drama also stars Stephy Qi as Renjie's medical friend, Li Wanqing, as well as Hunan TV host, Cindy Sun Xiaoxiao, who makes her acting debut in the drama as Renjie's childhood friend, Tong Mengyao.

The broadcasting schedule for "Young Sherlock" has yet to be announced.

#2 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sounds very intriguing! Well any cop like mysterious crime solving plots is something I will watch anyway and having the bonus of Bosco, definitely a must watch for me!Posted Image

#3 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

This is a have to watch series for me! And it sounds interesing too. I love crime so it works well. Do you guys know where Ican find mainland dramas with english subs? I really want to catch up with Bosco's chinese movies and drama!

Edited by Vi Linh, 10 February 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#4 anaffinity

anaffinity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Good news for me ^^

It's fresh for Bosco to take on a Tang Dynasty detective this time after lots of modern dramas and movies and bonus that this Detective Dee is hot looking. I take it that he will be fighting as well based on the sword? Sweet <33

#5 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Do you guys know where Ican find mainland dramas with english subs? I really want to catch up with Bosco's chinese movies and drama!

http://azdrama.net/chinese-drama/ The ones with subs will take a few months after they are aired I think.

I will be buying this on DVDPosted Image

#6 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

http://azdrama.net/chinese-drama/ The ones with subs will take a few months after they are aired I think.

I will be buying this on DVDPosted Image

Yeah why didn't I think about that site haha, I'm watching inbound troubles there Posted Image But do you know if they have movies too? because I only see dramas? Ohh thankns meanie ;)

Edited by Vi Linh, 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#7 Juk_Sing_Jai

Juk_Sing_Jai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

wow, this will be so cool... can't wait to see it

#8 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yeah why didn't I think about that site haha, I'm watching inbound troubles there Posted Image But do you know if they have movies too? because I only see dramas? Ohh thankns meanie Posted Image

Yeah they do have movies there http://azdrama.net/e...lish/&sort=date

#9 wonkachamp

wonkachamp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

This looks mad cool with bosco as direnjie.