AF needs funding again

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Are you working hard to achieve something big in your life or are you just going with the flow and leaving it all to chance?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jandari

jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them. Ever found yourself working your butt off to achieve a goal or do you just take things in stride..enjoying the moment? or leave it to fate?

Edited by jandari, 13 February 2013 - 06:55 AM.

• Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow likes this

#2 shar0n

shar0n

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

I would leave it to fate.

Edited by shar0n, 13 February 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#3 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

I work for some point but I don't hit my head to a table fortoo long..

#4 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3294 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

I don't leave things to fate. I think the people "who wouldn't understand most" ... are the "extra pro-active people who EXPECT TO SEE SOMETHING EVERYDAY" ... and in reality, it doesn't look like that "everyday for me ... at least not on the outside".

ON THE OUTSIDE ... people have expectations ... and when they're really demanding ... it's like they want to see something EVERYDAY from you. I could be doing something, I could making plans OR thinking things over, I could be working on it in the process sometimes, OR I may have OTHER things to do sometimes ...

and it doesn't all quite fit into their schedule of expectations (or sometimes expectations at all) ... depending what they are

I think it's really selfish sometimes how people think like that ... they keep trying to push / demand / expect things when you're not ready. It's like I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO, I KNOW WHAT'S IMPORTANT, I'M GOING TO DO IT ... BUT IT'S NOT ON YOUR CLOCK ... NOT ALL THE TIME, if at all. Like excuse me for ALSO having some personal time and I can't neglect everything just to cater to other people's "needs or demands all the time"

You either have the patience to wait ... or don't bother

An example of things "to wait" or how things went would be: on Monday I went to go see someone. They didn't show up ... I was like "okay, that's fine ... it's okay. When can I see / talk to them sometime?" and I was given their phone number and e-mail to call / contact later on

the same day ... I decided to take a bit of time to look for jobs while there ... and found a few jobs I'm interested in. There's one in particular that has me more interested ... and I still need to prepare for it. I thought I was going to do it today ,,, but it didn't turn out, along with something else
I had to do. I guess I'll be doing that tommorrow ... and maybe try to set
an interview / see if an interview is still available within the next two
or 3 days ... so yeah I guess I'll be expecting that. AS LONG AS I FEEL PREPARED, AND the opportunity is still available ... I guess I'll be
expecting that

When I'm thinking of going for a job interview ... I usually don't think of expecting it like right the very next day. It usually doesn't happen, and instead usually turn out to take the interview like at least a few days later ... or at least within the amount of time given. Of course I don't want to wait until like the last day ... but as long as I get the interview, that's what matters most, I guess

But IF I don't get the job, or even the interview ... I'll still try to keep my head up high ... there's always other opportunities out there

Oh ... and I had an entrepreneurship idea earlier ... but since this job opportunity came up ... it got me a bit confused, and I was wondering between the two "which one to focus more on, at the time" ... I still want to do both ... and between the two ... I don't expect the entrepreneurship "to make immediate money" ... but I expect, or hope, that it will be a success.

But even if I do it ... I may possibly decide it's going to be secondary ... because I don't want to miss the chance for the interview for the other job I was talking about

I'm human like everyone else ... you can't expect me to do like ten things at once ... one at a time, that's usually how it has to be ... and also, when you do things one at a time, you can have more focus into it, rather than "simply going nuts, stressing yourself out to multitask LIKE EVERYTHING all at once ... nah, sometimes that's just a bit crazy". I can try sometimes ... but it's not always "easy" ... and I would delegate a bit more often ... IF I had the people to do it, but then there are some things (and maybe even many things) I rather prefer to do on my own, simply because I want to make sure to get things done my way, or when I want it done / done by

Like really ... when you don't have the people to delegate to ... and you're doing everything on your own ... it takes alot more time. I also don't have a car, or a bike, or an active cellphone at the time ... or even a laptop ... all these things that can make things more convenient ... I don't have any of those things ... so things are not that simple. When you don't have any of these things or the people to delegate to ... everything takes longer and can be alot more work

Plus the fact I didn't even go to university to do any of my work later on ... I never went to university. I have post secondary / after high school education (college level, I guess) and yes I did finish and graduate .... long, long ago ... but in general I have both real world working experience (mainly in other stuff though, like general labour or working for call centres, and even a bit of fast food experience), and of course, all the graphics work I've been doing since out of school for years and years, right up to last year (when I really did alot, and had "much more, or somewhat more, of a creative boost than usual"), all my forum "work and experience" in over the last nine years or more (and yes that means LONG BEFORE Asianfanatics), and alot of written stuff, etc.

I also used to exercise "alot more, or somewhat more ... earlier back in my younger years, like ever since high school and some years following after that" ... so I used to be "alot more fit and in better shape than I am now" ... I'm okay now, but not AS fit as back then. I guess in my later years to follow I was becoming more intellectual ... and I guess that's where "most of the focus went" ... even though I STILL HAD SOME OCCASIONAL days when I was really more active and fit than usual. It's not everyday ... but now and then

and I just like to learn things more all the time ... like on culture, business, science, nature, anything overall ... I'm learning all the time. There's alot of things I still want to learn ... including other languages, maybe IT sometime, more about business, fitness, travel, etc. Not just learn them but do them of course ... all later on, WHEN I get around to them sometime, or over the years ... and yeah, cooking and driving too. BUT I DON'T want to be hassled ... I want to do them when I'm ready

I have more fitness goals but that has to wait later on

More interests and goals means more opportunities ... I just need different times in life to focus more on them. It's not like I expect to do them all in a year ... no, of course not. I think of it more as spreading it out over the years to follow ... for example, there will be later years in life when I focus back more on maybe learning a language, or fitness, or travel, or maybe even learning IT, etc. All these things ... I have planned or envisioned for later years in life following ... so there may be "one time, or stage, when I'm more into / focused on something more than another"

I might even be a university professor OR mentor someday ... maybe, it's possible. I might even open my own educational institution someday. It's marvellous and exciting ... all the opportunities possibly available someday in the future. Not just for work but life experience itself

Until then I'm just taking all, or most, of it bit by bit ... except for some main things I want to focus on at the time

I don't know how much I'm going to excel in all of them ... but I DO KNOW they can all make me a better person

Overall ... I guess I would say I'm pretty well balanced ... and / or working towards striving for BETTER BALANCE IN LIFE overall

What I like to do is not just take work experience but ALSO LIFE EXPERIENCE itself and turn them into opportunities ... see where I can go from there ... whether as careers or anything else helpful / useful

In general, I like independance. Help or delegation is cool WHEN I want it ... but most other times, I just want to do things on my own

Edited by GOLDENCARP, 13 February 2013 - 09:53 AM.

• jandari likes this

#5 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I work hard and let the chips fall where they may. I dont chase anything any more I try to enjoy day and stay positive.
  • HeTieShou and jandari like this

#6 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Mix of both. I don't study nearly as much as I can/should or focus on a perfect diet for gym. Doing both would obviously get me better and faster results. Generally once I get to a point where I'm satisfied that I'm doing above average, that's when I slow down.

#7 SassyViet

SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

I already did (in my career) and I have to admit it was a combination of hard work and God's help.

Right now I'd like to have better relationship with my brother who is majorly henpecked and just let the wife run him over. He doesn't do a damn thing to maintain a close R/S with me. I'd like to work more on it but when it comes to emotional matters, it's really hard.

#8 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2250 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Why hard he is your brother. I understand you cant interfere with his marriage but you can still try to have a better relationship with him ;)

#9 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I believe that it don't help to sit on your butt and wait for something to happend, you sure has to work for it. To accomplish something is up to what you are willing to do and your ability, Nobody can become rich without working for it. (ok beside from rich kids who have parents)

Edited by Vi Linh, 14 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

• HeTieShou and MichaelD like this

#10 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I think it is a combination of fate,timing, hard work and other things. Some work their butt off but yet don't end up with the results that the want, while there are some that don't do much get so much in return. There are some that work hard and get take advantage of their opportunities so end up successful but there are some that do that, but don't end up with much... We have a different fate but have to work to something if we want something to happen. If we just sit back and wait for "fate", I don't feel that will do any good at all(unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth but sadly most of us aren't that fortunate).

Edited by HeTieShou, 15 February 2013 - 04:48 AM.

• Linnh likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users