AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft Word folder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 yellownic88

yellownic88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi there!

I wonder if anyone knows or has experienced this before. I just realised that a few days ago a folder was created with the same name as a Microsoft Word file (.doc) that I have created about a month ago. The folder contains files that i cannot open, named "WordDocument", "1Table", "[5]SummaryInformation", "[5]DocumentSummaryInformation", "[1]CompObj" and a folder named "MsoDataStore". Inside the folder named "MsoDataStore" is another folder named "ÒÍÓFÖ23SÄÔÖBBÒÖRÂÁKEÅQ==". In that folder, there are two files: "Item" and "Propoerties".

I can't remember creating that folder with the same name as a doc file that I created, and I have no idea on how it appeared.

Any idea how the folder was formed? Do you think it is safe to delete the folder?

Thank you in advance!! Posted Image

#2 yellownic88

yellownic88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Hi yellownic!

This folder would not be open able. Because it is a virus which entered in you computer & making these kind of folder by itself.
Do not try to open this folder because it may harm your another files once it get open. it will spread in all the drives & will corrupt your
data. The same happened with me also. So you should remove with a good updated antivirus....
Web Designers Ireland

Thanks for your reply! :)

May I know what antivirus program you used to remove the virus? :)