AF needs funding again

Are you a beach, country or city person?

10 replies to this topic

#1 jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

An island person..
love the beach!!

#2 sterlingbeauty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

City

#3 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

I am Barcelona person, which means both beach and city.

#4 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I am a combo of all 3,,,,,leaning heavy on the beach side.
I live 90 mins to Manhattan NYC
I live 10 mins to Philly.
I live 40 minutes from a beach.
I live 2 hours from the back woods of PA & NJ. That is Pennsylvania & New Jersey
I love em all but give me a beach 1st !

Edited by mjdibatt, 15 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#5 nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

(1) City person definitely. (2) And beach second (I MUCH prefer beach over mountains,trees and forests etc - grew up with many seaside holidays, enough to be sentimental about and really love the beach or any water factor (rivers, lakes, pond, streams etc) for that matter. Heck, I even like fountains!

Really enjoy the pulse of beach towns = but they're pretty much 'dead' in Winter. I live by both ie (city + water, and can see the mountains daily and wherever I go).

Definitely do NOT enjoy living in country ... visiting, travelling for short periods ok but not living permanently - no way.
I find forests gloomy... not enticing. And the fact people actually get attacked once in a while, while hiking, walking or biking in them doesn't help my 'like' factor in the least.
While it's some people's dream .... I'd die slowly inside, 'trapped' in a huge acreage type house, surrounded by endless grass and trees and totally cut off from vibe and sounds of city life (to me, the city is not noise, = it means there're people and a 'vibe' and pulse out there).

I like urban gardening and creative landscaping, not mowing endless greens and lawns.
And while I didn't grow up in a apt/condo in Singapore, but a house + garden, and rt in the dusty city .... yet I always knew that I'd much rather have a smaller but functional hip CITY address. Even as a kid, mine was not a typical Singapore dream = ie I had zero wish to own a huge house, bec maybe I grew up in one.
I knew my own preference for that, to any mega-mansion (that I'd have to clean and upkeep endlessly - NAH! I have seen how much housework is involved im up keeping an entire 2-flr house alrdy) in the residential burbs or boondocks.

Any city (to me) has a throb, and inner culture of its own. At least I can hear 'life' outside even if I choose to stay/hibernate indoors ... and everything is so convenient and accessible. I don't have to drive 15 mins just to talk to anyone. And I can still hear birds (all kinds, unfortunately even the uglier quarrels of crows), have butterflies and ladybugs come visit my city gardening. That's good enough for me for the 'nature' factor..

The one time I was alone as an international student, 'trapped' in a super-tomblike building, in knee-deep snow ... where everyone went home suddenly to their families over Christmas + NY reinforced that message home to me = I am definitely a city person! I dislike that super quiet feeling ... it's different from inner peace = it's like everyone else has died in the world.

The downside of city-living is sometimes screaming or honking crazies, or yelling partygoers sometimes in Summer @ 2, 3am, or sometimes occcasionally even in Winter = they don't realise other some folk need to sleep. Or car alarms that go off.

Edited by nomad 822, 14 February 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#6 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Country side all the way.. Nature in a country side is only what can give me complete peace. Forest, I need forest around me.. And that is only place I love silence.. Because forest is never quiet. Leaves are flying in the air, wind is carrying them, sun jumps leaf to leaf.. Walking in a forest is a thing for me.. And mornings.. Peaceful mornings with a fresh air... Garden full of strawberries waiting me for the perfect mouthfull of delicious breakfast.. And animals.. I love, love country side Posted Image My best memories are from coutry side, I admire it fullest Posted Image

#7 MadameMary

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Country.
Mountians,Forests and fields for me please.

Cities make me nervous
I'm from a small town but i went to school in a slightly larger city.

#8 BMPP

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

city person
though i do enjoy going off to somewhere more quiet and serene from time to time.

#9 Enlightfulhigh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Total country person here! I like the quietness and the landscape, but I would also love to live near a beach.

#10 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

City

Edited by GOLDENCARP, 09 March 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#11 NickBubbleT

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Mainly city with a bit of country.
I live 35 minutes away from Liverpool and my dad is from there
so I am pretty much there a lot when I am hanging out with friends and that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users