8 replies to this topic

#1 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Woman's body found in LA hotel cistern providing drinking water to guests

The body of a missing Canadian woman has been discovered in a cistern that was being used to provide drinking water to guests in a [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/los-angeles"]Los Angeles[/url] hotel.

The remains of Elisa Lam, 21, were found by a maintenance worker at the 600-room, $65 a night Cecil Hotel after guests complained about low water pressure. Detectives were working to determine if her death was the result of foul play or an accident.

British tourist Michael Baugh, 27, and his wife, who had complained about the poor water flow after days of showering, brushing their teeth and drinking some of the tap water, was shocked at the discovery. "We feel a bit sick to the stomach, quite literally, especially having drank the water, we're not well mentally," he said.

Los Angeles' county department of public health officials issued a do-not-drink order on Tuesday while its laboratory tested the water. The disclosure contradicts a previous police statement that the water had been deemed safe.

Terrance Powell, a director co-ordinating the department's response, said the water was also used for cooking in the historical hotel near Skid Row, adding that a coffee shop in the hotel would remain closed and has been instructed to sanitise its food equipment before reopening.

"Our biggest concern is going to be faecal contamination because of the body in the water," he said. The likelihood of contamination is "minimal" given the large amount of water the body was found in, but the department is exercising caution.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/body-found-hotel-cistern-water[/url]

Edited by SnowQueenOfDarkness, 21 February 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#2 fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

oh...that is gross. if i drank that water and found this out, i would throw up.
then again, how did the woman get in there?

#3 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

This is so sad such a smart pretty girl I hope they catch the f**k*ng animal and shove his ass in a deep hell hole!

One cust who was there or 8 days just thought the water taste was normal an it came out if the shower head black ????!!!! Ewwwww

Edited by mjdibatt, 21 February 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#4 Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

That f**k*ng beast must be caught. The poor girl's life tragically cut short.Posted Image

Yes thinking about it will make you sick to the stomach but good that they complained, otherwise gawd knows how long the dead body would be there before being uncovered. Maybe days later, the water would be even more disgusting by taste and in appearance!Posted Image

The family of the deceased is ofcourse in pain but at least they can stop worrying about her whereabouts and lay her to rest. RIP

#5 MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

lol that is why i never drink from the tap XD

#6 HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

THis is gross and I feel like throwing up after reading this article!! Anyways, I feel sorry for this girl and hope that evil person(whether it be male or female and don't always assume that it is a male that has killed her)will get captured and pay for their crime.

Edited by HeTieShou, 22 February 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#7 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

I hope they soon will find the guy and the reason why this happend. What a sad story and then she was just thrown in the water like that? that's gross

#8 A-Hayl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Elisa Lam is the name who was discovered missing.

The elevator footage showed where she was last seen alive. She disappears for three weeks until complaints of the low water pressure and contamination were reported. This lead to the discovery of the decomposing body.

Also the hotel is notorious for the infamous msyerious murders.

#9 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostA-Hayl, on 24 February 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Elisa Lam is the name who was discovered missing.

The elevator footage showed where she was last seen alive. She disappears for three weeks until complaints of the low water pressure and contamination were reported. This lead to the discovery of the decomposing body.

Also the hotel is notorious for the infamous msyerious murders.

it is really mysterious. If you watch the video then you will see that she walked into the elevator and pressed all the botton in there, then she walk out looking around, and then she walked in again, and then out looking around again. The video was creepy. It says that the hote she was living in where haunted though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users