• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36940 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Bosco Wong and Linda Chung criticised
Wednesday July 10, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-060600860.html

Posted Image

Actors Bosco Wong and Linda Chung were recently criticised for their poor singing during their live performances at the first round of 2013's JSG Selections.

According to Apple Daily, Bosco and Linda, who won a Golden Song Award each for their hit single, "The Final Blessing" and "You Are One Half Of Me" respectively, disappointed their supportive fans with their lacklustre performance when asked to perform live on stage.

Netizens claimed that the two actors' could not control their vocals and did not hit the right notes. Some even questioned Linda's ability to hold a solo mini-concert in August after her uninspired performance.

When asked to comment on the criticism, Bosco Wong stated, "I thought I have given a good performance. But still, I will accept the criticism and improve my routine."

Meanwhile, Linda Chung has no comment on the criticism. Her "Love Love Love: mini-concert will be held at the Kowloonbay International Trade and Exhibition Center (KINTEC) on 22 and 23 August.

#2 soul_less

soul_less

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Not natural singers, they need to put in alot of effort which they cannot be bothered to do so. TVB is supporting them and helping them make as much money as possible so its not like they need alot of determination to make it successful. Guess TVB will continue to support them till they are successful such as their 'acting'.

#3 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

I say not many can pull it off singing live, usually they sound better on cd with the editing.Posted Image

Good luck to Linda, she will need it for her concert next month...........more terrible LIVE singing to come.Posted Image

#4 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3906 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

That's not suprising. I like both as an actress and actor. As for singing skills, i think they are not quite there yet and i personally feel that they should be given more chances singing theme songs and brushed up their skills if they really wanna be a album singer, coz album singers are expected to be able to hold up a song without going off tune and offf key.

Aww...this puts Linda in a bad light since concert is just a few weeks away.

I think amongst the TVB siu sangs, LF sings live the best. But of course after The Voice 4, we now know who can sing and who can't. In this regard. I hope Fred Cheng wil be given more opportunities to sing in theme or sub theme songs, although we know its TVB we r talking about, they only give it to the siu sang or leading actors/actress. :(

#5 Auramoon

Auramoon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Bosco and Linda cannot sing and I'm not surprised they can't sing live. They should just stick to acting.

Edited by Auramoon, 11 July 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#6 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6934 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

They arent actual singers anyway, normal they go off tune

Surprised they still hasnt honed their craft as of yet

#7 /\/ ( /-/

/\/ ( /-/

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

I GUESS NO HK COLISEUM IN THE FUTURE FOR THESE 2...LOL

#8 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12563 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

^ I think Linda might be given a chance to go HKC if her mini concert is successful. Without any doubt I think she cant sing live or do performance on a music stage, plus she shakes like crazy whenever she is on stage, but her goodie image buy fans and it can help her to HKC. However in HKC or anywhere else, if she cant sing live, she will be criticized.

I kinda look forward to her mini concert to see what she can do. So far she cant sing fast songs, only love songs and even with love songs, she goes off tune. And a concert without fast songs will be Linda's fate?

#9 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

isn't this evident from the beginning? they suck horrible! serves them right to be bashed by netizens for only able to sing in studio but bad at live! never heard linda's song how can it win! also don't get the popularity of the change of heart subtheme! the themesong is better song although niki's singing is wooden even in studio! jsg must be rigged why only linda and bosco winning? what happen to the songs of the absolute favourite of tvb mag lam, raymond lam and joey yung? music industry has died since the 4 heavenly king took the throne! only one of them is a true singer and not an idol singer and we know who! nowadays besides eason nobody can sing live well including gem and joey who are overrated!

can't believe linda is holding a SOLO CONCERT with this kind of horrible singing! she's definitely only an IDOL singer with some acting credits from miss koo, practical jokes and tiger cubs2!

interesting that linda don't want to comment. afraid of ruining her concert's image? Bet the concert will be filled with lots of gimmicks to distract from her HORRIBLE live performance!

Edited by selliesellie, 12 July 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#10 justsmileXD

justsmileXD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

i am not surprised. linda and bosco's voice isn't anything special. linda still needs improvement and yet she is already having a solo concert?

#11 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12563 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

^^ if you havent read, the songs of Bosco and Linda are 2 of 10 (or 12) songs won with JSG round 1. Dont say too big words, if music industry dies then all entertainment industries also die. Linda has chance to sing because Txb wanna her to sing, like wat they are doing to all lead artists. The themesongs are sung by actors that have worse voice than Linda or even Bosco. But who care?

Linda is going to have a mini concert. Ron Ng had one and after its failure, he is never given chance again. It can happen to Linda.

#12 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

^don't care about the results since the jsg program sucks. why don't magnificent singers such as fred cheng got to sing themesongs then? tvb is shady! they don't care about the music industry and just want to push out their favourite people.

#13 uptowngirl

uptowngirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

I agree with the above comments. Linda can't use the excuse that she is a newbie. She's been in the music industry and to sing that poorly is no excuse. I always see her as the epitome of a bad singer who's had a smooth career with no bumps, compared to other true singers even jacky cheung, who said it was a bumpy for him in the beginning when he was unknown. Man, makes me hate tvb for partly ruining the music industry just to make a quick buck! Bring back the real singers so I can fill my mp3 with cantopop.

Anyways, fans will blindly support them, go figure. I hope they take these criticisms as suggestions for them to focus on their acting instead and not to ignore them.

Edited by uptowngirl, 12 July 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#14 The Yen Man

The Yen Man

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Linda Chung just naturally doesn't have a voice meant to sing. Even when she talks, it's somewhat high pitched and shallow. If she was a contestant on the Voice, I have no doubt the judges (if they were being brutally honest) would tell her the same thing they told Benjamin; stick to acting.

Surprisingly, out of all the TVB actors/actresses turned singer experiments, the only one with a half decent voice is Myolie, and even she is just mediocre.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hong kong, bosco wong, linda chung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users