#1 330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18,461 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Jay Chou (Chow Kit Lun) directed and starred film THE ROOFTOP two nights ago held its premiere in Kowloon Tong. Fiona Sit Hoi Kei, Alex Fong Lik Sun, Derek Tsang Kwok Cheung, Paco Wong, Emperor boss Albert Yeung Sau Sing, Sammy Sum Chun Hin, Oscar Leung Lit Wai, Lu Chen as well as almost 200 fans showed their support. Chow Kit Lun said that he has not held an autograph session in Hong Kong for years, this night felt like one to him. He thanked everyone for not forgetting him and hoped that fans would support the film. He looked forward to the film's Hong Kong box office to be able to pass his previous direction SECRET (BUT NUNG SHUET DIK BEI MUK). Speaking of the film's Taiwan release with less than ideal box office, Chow Kit Lun said, "I too thought it was curious. I was confident but had no certainty. Taiwan box office needs luck. Taiwan has less theaters and most show Hollywood films, but as long as I can live with myself it's OK. The word of mouth is more important than the box office. I will think about awards later." Chow Kit Lun said that he will continue to work hard on the director road, as he still had many subjects that he wanted to make like aliens and UFOs. He said, "I wanted to make SECRET Hollywood version, would I ask Leonardo (DiCaprio) to play it? Let me think about it!" He joked that since he has not found an investor it would depend on this films' box office. If the box office would be decent, he would have more money for next time.

Source

Edited by Myvi, 20 July 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#2 mrleelee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

JAY CHOU WANTSTO WORK WITH LEONARDO DECAPRIO...May I ask,....doing what?.

And on a side note. Even when he smiles, his face still looks mean and domineering. I guess the saying is true. Our true inside can manifest itself on our outside

#3 UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Is he thinking too much, i dont think Leonard Dicaprio would have the time to work with him

He thinking too much in his head, if he can work with Jet Li, that good enough

#4 Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Theres no harm in asking if he wants to work with him or not.. I wonder if Leonardo knows who he is.Posted Image

#5 TataLOVESJayChou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Uhhhhh... Secret is a movie where the lead roles are both high school students, I don't see that working out unless DiCaprio acts as the father or something. Regardless, I do not have much interest in DiCaprio as an actor. Anyway, I have to say secret was way better than the rooftop. I hope that his further works will be able to match up to the standards set by secret!

#6 nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

>>JAY CHOU WANTSTO WORK WITH LEONARDO DECAPRIO

Errmm ok. Posted Image

On the positive side - it's good to have dreams.
On the realistic side - does Decaprio want to work with Jay Chou?!?

#7 WengChuan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

So much hate towards Jay here.. Don't forget he's one of the biggest superstar in Asia, Leonardo working with Jay would only benefit both parties. Jay would be exposed more to western audiences while Leonardo to the Chinese audiences..

#8 mrleelee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hate, what hate?.First thing, being real and honest does not necessarily constitute hate towards Jay Chou. How did you arrive at such an ill proven conclusion?. We are just keeping it real. Next, being a superstar does not mean one is flourishing in talent. There are many Chinese and western triple A Listers who fit into the description

Also, Jays style is so drastically different to that of Leo's, whether it is acting, producing, directing. It would be near impossible for the two to work together That is why the comments were made. I see nothing hateful in those comments.

Edited by mrleelee, 22 July 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#9 mi.ny.veg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostWengChuan, on 22 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

So much hate towards Jay here.. Don't forget he's one of the biggest superstar in Asia, Leonardo working with Jay would only benefit both parties. Jay would be exposed more to western audiences while Leonardo to the Chinese audiences..

Hmm. I think it only benefits Jay Chou to be honest. Leo is rather famous within the Asian population, don`t forget he did star in the Titanic and it was a huge success in Asia.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users