AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Rainie Yang grieves over father's death at Shanghai concert

taiwan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3999 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

The Mandopop singer was in tears as she mourned the passing of her father at her concert

Posted Image

Taiwanese singer Rainie Yang broke down in tears last Saturday at her Love Voyage 2013 Shanghai concert after revealing that her father passed away from a heart attack recently.

According to Taiwanese media reports, the 29-year-old did not share a close relationship with her father. After a failed business endeavour, the latter left behind an enormous financial debt which Rainie had spent seven years to repay. Besides that, he often referred her as 'bad luck' during her childhood days.

Even so, Rainie was still devastated when she first learned about the bad news on Thursday. As a result, rehearsals for the Shanghai concert was cancelled, and the singer was afraid that this would affect her performance at the concert itself.

Wrapping up the concert on a successful note, a teary-eyed Rainie told fans, 'A few days ago, I was informed about my father's passing and it affected me so badly that I was thinking of giving up. But all of you here today motivated me to continue.'

'Being able to perform on this stage today, I would also like to thank my dad,' said Rainie, as she broke down in tears.

After the concert, Rainie announced that she will be taking a short break to concentrate on her father's funeral. She will not be disclosing any details on the funeral as she hopes to keep it a quiet and private ceremony.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source

#2 mrleelee

mrleelee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

It is amazing how this child whom her dad referred to as bad luck, was the one who paid off his massive debt for him and gave him face. It is still hard for Raine to lose her dad, despite the fact that he was so cruel to her. How can a father be so cruel towards a young child. I am not a psychologist but to hear a parent say something like that to a child can, and does leave that child scar for life

That must have been a massive debt if it took seven years to pay off. This bad luck child turned out to be his saviour. I bet Raine is the one who is going to pay for the funeral. Parents should cherish their children.

#3 ChocolateStar

ChocolateStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

The father should be glad that she would do that for him. In America, I doubt children would do that. I'm glad Raine is holding it together even through such a sad event. She is filial. May God Bless her and her family!

#4 lilthuggie

lilthuggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

Rainie is really amazing ... we always see the Mama Yang and Rainie bond, but rarely do we hear about her dad, nor in a way, we should, considering how he treated her in the past. But at the end of the day, he's still her dad. And it really makes me admire her even more to see how affected she is by his passing. Truly a filial daughter through and through, which not only speaks of what an amazing person Rainie is, but also a testament to Mama Yang's upbringing. If some parents can even be an ounce of what Mama Yang has done with Rainie, there'd be a lot more happier families .... Hope Rainie will come back even happier and stronger once this passes. Add oil!

#5 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6937 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Poor Rainie, she is just so filial despite what her dad said about her in the past

It admirable she still cries for his dad despite being treated so badly in the past

And she is an ultimate professional, able to complete the concert despite the bad news......Rainie, come back stronger than ever, you overcame everything, you can overcome this as well

#6 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2302 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

For some reason, I find her weeping picture quite endearing and beautiful.

Maybe it's because I know her sorrow is real.

If she still has this much feeling for someone who emotionally abused her so much as a kid, I assume she must have ingrained feelings of guilt, blame and inadequacy in herself very early on. And when he's no longer there to give her the drive to prove herself to him, she might end up feeling very depressed and lost.

It must be devastating to know this person in her life she wanted validation from as a kid (who mistreated her), is now no longer around to give her the validation and love she craves.

She's somewhat like Grace Wong...

#7 mingdee

mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

She is always so pretty. Yeah poor girl. She feels sad because he is her father after all.