Love at the Aegean Sea (情定愛琴海)

83 replies to this topic

#41 woainizaizai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:33 PM

great great series!!!!! omg su you pen, sooo hot.. heheh, but the ending.... hm, just i shouldnt say anything about it. but if u havent seen it, u definitely should!!

• Guests

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:43 AM

i absolutely LOVED this series! my mom finished before me and kind of spoiled a little of it for me but i watched anyways and i cried like a baby. Everytime they missed each other by accident, i was really sad since they were so close to each other! =( gahhh loved it hahaha thought Chae rim was so pretty in it and Alec Su and Peter Ho were awesome.

• Guests

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:23 AM

initally, i liked the first part. they were so sweet loving but after that, i missed a couple of eps and lost track, when i got back to it, i felt bored watching it.

just wondered what's the surprising ending to the show

#44 xosugarcrushox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:36 AM

i only caught bits and parts of this series...but the only pretty girl was the korean one...and the 2 main character guys look alike! it was so hard to tell them apart... :/

#45 riches87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:17 AM

This serie is good but the ending is sad
Spoiler

Edited by tammiest, 08 September 2007 - 04:16 PM.
Please use [spoiler] tags!!

#46 kelly24

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

I thought this tv series was very well constructured at the start because of the way Alec & Chae Rim had met. But it dragged to long towards the end and it was so sad to see Alec die.

#47 reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

I didn't like the ending...

I wish Chae Rim could end up with Peter for some reason...Alec's role didn't really appeal to me too much

#48 dontrustaustin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:22 AM

The view is so nice at the Aegean Sea. i really want to visit Greek after I saw this series.

#49 bubblebeebite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:15 PM

yesh same! peter was my choice too ... especially here since he was so 'graceful in defeat'. usually the sidekicks can get quite nasty too, but he was quite pleasant & supportive in this show!!!

#50 justadot

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

I tried to look for this series, instead to only to end up reading about the ending :duh lol, I did however by the OST, I like the two songs Alec sings. *continues to search for this drama*

#51 amoureux

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:08 PM

this show was quite good.. but the ending kinda spoiled it la.. e scenery of greece was nice! and the aegean sea..

#52 Mikado

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:28 AM

What's this show about?????is it nice???? is it available in AF??? i can't seem to find it...... how many episodes are there??????

#53 Guest_kiwijuicepanda_*

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:50 AM

i found this better than warriors of the yang clan. it kind of bored me and i didn't like chae rim in here as much as in love of aegean sea. maybe it wasa because of her dubbed voice or her look in ancient clothing.

i loved aegean sea! i hated to see alec die! and chae rim was really pretty in here! that girl who played yi qian was pretty good. at first, she's all sweet and stuff, then, she's all evil.

#54 uraresol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:47 AM

i thought it was quite draggy in the middle..slooow
but the starting and ending was quite nice..the view of greece, never been there but it looks beautiful
the ending was quite a twist..i thought the peter ho was going to die..with the heart disease but alex su died instead bcos of the mad girl and the heart went to peter

#55 got2lovepink

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:50 AM

i watched this series and in the beginning i thought alec played two roles..
.. wah i thought he played peter's character and his character
buh then i found out it was two different people.. :lol?:
anyways.. yes it was a twist! i can't believe his ex-fiance got outa the Mental place.
it's a nice view of a beautiful part of greece that i hope one day i can visit..
chae rim & alec su make a awesome couple :iloveyou: !!
i love them both in warriors of the yang clan too..

#56 quinnieliu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:11 AM

like the part when they were in Greece. feel sad for Peter cause no one loves him except for someone that pop out in the end. but he didn't like her.

#57 honeycake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:19 AM

i'm currently watching this show...i'm on ep 21 and it's been draggying for the past few eps..alec's mother is so scary

#58 bubblebeebite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:45 AM

hell yeah! the middle was heaps draggy + the end came crashing down in a whirlwind!! what a crazy ending huh! reminds me of 'what happened in bali', although not so terse & extreme.

#59 Saaaam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

I'm not done watching the series, but it does lag alot. If they had made it shorter it would be better. I heard there were alternative endings to this series, is that true?

#60 asian_love2788

*miChi <3 JeNNy*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:40 AM

I love this series. It's sad and happy but i think it's too long. i mean geez there love was cute and all but i bet all the cry chae rim does in this series will equal like 5 episodes. She alot. I love her "pluto's eternity" bracelet. i want it. hehe it's pretty and the place where she met alex at the beginning is so romantic.

#61 naxus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:39 PM

yeah the ending is so sad...
but i really like alec su here... so handsome...
and looks more mature

#62 hottie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:21 PM

anybody knows where i can download this series in english sub. i saw up to the part where the main character's frens wedding day and ran off with alex dad...

after that i don't know what happend....can someone provide me with the episodes after that... i really wanted to watch it...

i read here about the ending...but i still want to see how sad it is for me...heheh...any help please???

[i wanted chae rim to be w/peter ho...they looked good together...peter's tan are so hot...his character is good...but i thought they should have changed character...alec & peter...hehe...peter is the better choice for it...]

thanks...

Posted Image hey is this the bracelet...{plato's Eternity}

Edited by hottie, 06 April 2006 - 07:35 PM.

#63 sweetdevil35

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:37 PM

I watched part of this on my trip to China in the beginning of this year and I was drawn into the plot.
Would've liked to finish watching but I mean, you dont expect me to stay home all day when I havent been back for like 10 years where I would be spending my precious time shopping. But I did watch a Liu Tao series every day for 6 hours straight.

Chae Rim is a good actress. Feel sorry for her recent divorce.

#64 spazgal420

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:47 AM

hey is this the bracelet...{plato's Eternity}
Aww man that bracelet's sooo pretty! When I first saw it I was like, well it just seems like a normal bracelet... but it's the simplicity of it all that makes it so special. I want it! haha

#65 whiteBOO7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

i still haven watch finish but after wat u guys say about the ending is kind of sad a bit...

i dont like the story....dont u guys think alec n Chae Rim relationship happen very fast.....

#66 Saaaam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

I sort of liked this series. It was really laggy, and there were parts that I really didn't want to watch. This is a good series I suppose, but there are a TON of shows that are better than it I think. Perhaps, this is directed towards an older audience.

#67 lidogurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:36 AM

so like im watching this drama right now...and im like if she's korean and the two actors are chinese or taiwanese then how do they communicate??....or talk to eachother/ act together??....does she just talk in korean and they talk in chinese then dub her voice afterward???.....someone help me ...im confuse......=/

#68 heartbreakkid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:20 AM

This series definitely sounds cool. Peter Ho is a cool actor and I'm looking forward to checking out one of his series. I like Alec Su too from HZGG I and II. Chae Rim looks cute in the pictures as well.

However, what is somewhat holding me back is the length of the series and the negative comments about it. It makes me wonder if watching the series is worth it. Maybe I'll skip out on this for now.

#69 doodoofan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

I haven't watched this series yet. I have vietdub version only and I want to watch the original version with English sub. I heard that this series is really great, I can't wait to see it. Alec looks amazing, I love his haircut!

#70 asian_love2788

*miChi <3 JeNNy*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:43 PM

View Postspazgal420, on Apr 28 2006 8 47 PM, said:

Aww man that bracelet's sooo pretty! When I first saw it I was like, well it just seems like a normal bracelet... but it's the simplicity of it all that makes it so special. I want it! haha
yep i agree i was like it's so simple yet it makes me want one like that ahhaha
and the name is like wow make me want even more...if only such a thing really exist i'd buy it
i mean it's probably just made for the drama right :down

View Postlidogurl, on Jul 6 2006 11 36 PM, said:

so like im watching this drama right now...and im like if she's korean and the two actors are chinese or taiwanese then how do they communicate??....or talk to eachother/ act together??....does she just talk in korean and they talk in chinese then dub her voice afterward???.....someone help me ...im confuse......=/

yeah she's korean but she knows mando and can speak it and alec can speak korean i think
they're good friends and i think they're even a rumor between them.
i am not sure cause i only saw it in viet dubbed

anyways this is a good series i hope everyone is enjoying it..it's really really sad at times but
it's also has some happy times.

SPOLIER:
i love when they we're at that bbq thingy and she fell into the lake and alec's character jumped in there to save her..so romantic and sweet i just love it so much my fav. part

#71 t3arjerkingluvr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:39 AM

I've only seen Episodes 1-4 and 30-33 as of right now. I caught 1-4 on youtube and 30-33 because I coincidently saw it broadcasting on cable. This seems like such a heartbreaking drama, but from as much as I've seen it has caught my attention and I really like it. Chae Rim and Alec Su looks good together, I think this is their 2nd drama together? I've seen other chinese series with ChaeRim in it, one in ancient time period with that one hong kong dude. Alec's hair really is weird in this drama though, haha. Peter Ho and Chae Rim and Alec are all very awesome! :iloveyou: It kind of freaked me out how Alec's former fiance went crazy after he left her for ChaeRim. :blink:

Aww....
http://img167.imageshack is not allowed anymore images forbidden.us/img167/5306/20...qinhaidvcd8.jpg

Poor Peter :crying:
http://img529.imageshack is not allowed anymore images forbidden.us/img529/3228/love01vd6.jpg

Sweetness:
http://img297.imageshack is not allowed anymore images forbidden.us/img297/4189/story08kj0.jpg

:thumbsup

Edited by DTLCT, 29 May 2008 - 12:44 AM.
remove [img] tags from imageshack photos

#72 phoenix_dragon16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

I never finished watching this since it was broadcasted on HK tv in 2004. I managed to finally aquire it and it just isn't as good as i thought it was, the scenes were really slow and there were so many unnecessary flash backs. All that aside, great acting from all parties and the plot was excellent although i can't believe YiQian killed Enqi! I am absolutely livid!! stupid moo!! crazy women! she should be locked up and punished!! The OST is great, i could just picture every scene where is was played; the scenery was breath taking also! i wanna go Greece! NOW~

Probably not something i would watch again as i did get very fustrated everytime XiaoTong and Enqi split up and there are so many better taiwanese dramas out there now, its definitely shows how much the taiwanese have improved.

#73 endlessky ♥

明日は来るから

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:54 AM

OMGOSH!! I am STILL VERY VERY surprised that this series was actually filmed by a Chinese company!! XD I mean, the TWO main actors are from Taiwan and the MAIN actress is from Korea.... :wacko: Wow!! ><;

Anyways, I'm SAD to say that I never got to FINISH watching this series! >______< I mean, I started it in China a FEW year ago, but I had to leave before the show was ended!! =/ Actually, I didn't like it tooo much! I guess it really bothered me that the main actress's voice was dubbed...and it you can tell that she's speaking Korean underneath! XD But other than that, it was a pretty decent series...pretty cliche! ^_^'

Oh yeah, I heard that the ending wasn't great! It is true?! Oh well, maybe one day I would finish watching it! hehe, I thought that Alec & Chae Rim was pretty cute together!! =) & the SCENERY was SO FREAKEN BEAUTIFUL!! I WANNNA GO THERE NOW!!! :buahaha

Edited by lavender_rain, 10 February 2007 - 03:51 AM.

#74 SUEZIE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:33 AM

I watched this series a few years ago i think.. yet i could still remember it.. It was such a touching series.. I love the relationship between Chae and Alex.. they are so romantic.. but it's extremely sad in the ending.. I cried so much when it flashback the ending scene.. (SPOILERS) the part when they flash back Alex getting stab and dying and then in the hosipital giving his heart away to the photographer second main guy character (sorry don't know his name).. anyways.. very romantic and touching.

#75 xo-$(u)$!3-xo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

I just finished and I LOVE this series!! It was soooo touching and sad at some parts and there were many sweet moments too. Although the beginning was kinda boring (but I loved the scenery in Greece), it gets really good! I agree some of the parts were draggy and it might have been too long, but it still had the power to make me want to continue watching every episode. The ending wasn't all that sad to me mainly becuase I knew what was going to happen, and I think that it was dramatic enough..when Enqi died. It was just that little bit in the ambulance. And I don't anyone said that Enqi gave his heart to YaoXiang... even though it was predicable that happened. I felt better for Peter's character... he didn't end up being with anyone, and I think he had the hardest life out of all of them. I really like the ideas that are expressed and all the actors were really good! I just think that Chae could have less "sad" moments cuz she's so pretty when she smiles! I would recommand this series... ignoring the length, it will still keep you entertained.

#76 misaki_chii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

alec was so good looking in here!! i love him with chae rim. too bad that the filming of this was after she got married. that was probably why they had to fake that kiss in the car. i was very disappointed but what can we do, she's marry. i just really wanted to see them kiss, a real kiss.

anyways, yes this serie was very draggy. i couldn't finish it but i was ictching so bad to watch the ending so i watch the ending anyways. the ending was very bittersweet to me. i love it!! it's probably the only serie that has a sad ending in which i actually like. i usually don't like sad endings but i loved this one. so sad yet so sweet. the bittersweet ending was really fustrating to me but i still love it a lot. i must say that the last scene was my favorite scene. most memorable and emotional scene. loved it so much!!!

#77 tammiest

我要的世界

• Forum Crew
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

MODBREAK

This topicstart is a stub. It either does not invite any discussions or the topicstarter asks for opinions without stating his/her own.

The rule is that the topicstarter starts. Meaning, the topicstarter has to pay attention on his/her topics. Give some extra background information, and then state his/her opinion before asking for others.

If you are the original topicstarter and you find this topic's ownership to be given to another member, then that is because your topicstart was so bad that the credit of this topic has been removed from you.

If the topic hasn't been captured yet, then you still have time to do some works on your topicstart.
Thank you.

This is an automated message

#78 kkrus60

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

hmmm i think the series is rather long
but if you fast forward through the boring scene( in other words, the ones without alec in them)
you'll find that its actually pretty good
as for the ending, i refuse to believe that that is the ending.
its too painful
i made up an alternative one where alec leaves xiaotong because he realised that he really loved ME instead....
hahaha
i should write these dramas

#79 yuvi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

View Postxosugarcrushox, on Sep 8 2005 1 36 PM, said:

i only caught bits and parts of this series...but the only pretty girl was the korean one...and the 2 main character guys look alike! it was so hard to tell them apart... :/
sorry i just have to quote this because..... it make LOL alotXDDD
OMG can't you see the height differenceXD? yao xiang seriously looked like he can beat en qi easily and took xiao tong away :tricky:

this is a very beautiful (both story and scenery^^) and touching story, but my advice though skip the eps where en qi returned to shanghai and act coldly to xiatong ( sadly, it actually lasted for about 10 boring episodes)

#80 cherylee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:21 AM

I just finished the drama on DVD last night!

I'm so glad that I didn't search for this forum while watching the drama otherwise it would have been killjoy!

The drama was a bit draggy at the beginning. I was really taken in only after Alec's character returned to Shanghai after 3 years. Could really feel for the two lovers (Alec & Chae Rim) torn apart. That's when I slept after 2 AM just to watch as much as the drama as I could.

The ending was totally unexpected & needless to say...I cried buckets! I had expected the heart to have been donated by Alec's ex-fiancee (the mad rich girl).

I only knew that something was amiss when En Qi walked into the hospital to meet Xiao Tung. They didn't show how he got the mad girl back to the mental hospital. The whole ending from that part onwards was heart wrenching !

But then again, I ought to have known better...they talked about Plato's Love!

Interestingly, I read that this drama had 3 different endings for different markets. Anyone have more details?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users