• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3776 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

The Taiwanese singer-songwriter went to great lengths for his young girlfriend's birthday

Posted Image

According to Taiwanese media reports, Jay Chou and Hannah Quinlivan went public with their romance two years ago, and they are in a steady relationship despite their 14 years age difference.

Recently, the singer-songwriter and his young girlfriend were revealed to have gone for a vacation in Hawaii and Tokyo to celebrate Hannah's 20th birthday (August 12).

Jay, 34 had secretly met up with Hannah in Malaysia before flying off to Hawaii together. After their beach getaway, the lovebirds were subsequently reported to have travelled to Tokyo for a shopping trip.

In response to Jay's elaborated birthday celebration for his girl, the star's managing company made an official response that they do not poke their nose into artistes' private schedules.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source

#2 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Good! At least this will stop some peeps saying "hes dating a teenager for crying out loud!" or even more nasty comments.Posted Image

#3 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

This pairing still makes me nauseous. Somehow I still see Jay Chou as an overgrown kid, with utter disregard for his age. His gf is a pretty good indication of how mature he is.

#4 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3906 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Hmm....how about HK heavenly king age 47 dating a 20+ girl, well, 47 and 20+ and 34 and 20+ how do we compare their maturity level? Lol!

#5 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2155 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

While I agree 20 sounds wayyyy too young an age for a 34 yr , bec 20 yr seems barely out of teenhood..... (14 yr age gap)

But I would also say the same age gap would probably have less reactive impact when it is say, a 45 with a 60 yr old. (15 yr age gap).

My parents were 11 yrs apart, and it was a happy marriage for the 38? approx yrs it lasted. Though if you put it into perspective ... my dad would have been 11 when mom was a baby .... and 22 when she was only 11.
Yet 38 and 27 doesn't seem such a huge gap when they got married, and even so less when 40 and 51.

Just read on jaynestars that Donnie Yen and his former Ms Toronto wife are EIGHTEEN yrs apart, and they have been married for 10 yrs.

Even then, an 18 yr old age gap is nothing compared to Woody Allen and Soon Yi.(20 back then).

#6 silveria

silveria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

Doesnt jay chou's girlfriend have a name?
  • XDshirley likes this

#7 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12343 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

As long as they are happy, they can laugh at the faces of whoever curse them.

#8 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

I mean...she was pretty much JUST legal when he started dating her.

It feels like he's robbing the cradle.

If they were both a lot older, say her 27 and him 42, I could accept it more. She's old enough to have experiences in life, and know what she wants. Her being JUST 20, she basically has zero idea what it is that she's dealing with and he has the power to mold her into whatever he wants. He's taking advantage of her youth and naivety basically.

#9 Edceeezyy

Edceeezyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:34 AM

I don't see the big deal with the age difference unless the man was 80 and she was 20. She's around my age and to be honest some people at that age are more mature mentally than the ones that are 10 years older than her. Sure physically she's young but it's not illegal and if she behaves like a grown woman then I don't see what's the problem. Honestly 20 year olds are not the ones you see in TV dramas still living and depending on their family act like a child, she's not a teen anymore. You don't exactly have to experience more in life to be mature just like you don't have to be in a relationship to know what love is.

Edited by Edceeezyy, 30 August 2013 - 03:35 AM.

#10 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12343 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

I mean...she was pretty much JUST legal when he started dating her.

It feels like he's robbing the cradle.

If they were both a lot older, say her 27 and him 42, I could accept it more. She's old enough to have experiences in life, and know what she wants. Her being JUST 20, she basically has zero idea what it is that she's dealing with and he has the power to mold her into whatever he wants. He's taking advantage of her youth and naivety basically.

Legal age in Taiwan is actually 16. It means she is legal for 4 years. She worked for few years in industry. Even normal 20 years old girls now are not that naive. She is 20, not 10. 7 years later she will get 27 and at that time, if they are still together, he dun take any advantage from her age

#11 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

Look you guys can defend him all you want, or rather the age gap in the relationship, it doesn't matter to me.

But I find it hard to respect someone when they're dating someone 14 years their junior (unless it's with older couples.)

Something doesn't add up.

But that's my personal opinion. Their relationship doesn't add nor remove anything in my life, so what they like or want is up to them. I just find it odd how there are so many men who prefer MUCH younger women in Asia when counterparts their age and older hold no appeal to them. It's like a preying mentality. Just as much as men don't like gold-diggers, I don't like youth diggers either. That's my 2c.

#12 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12343 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Look you guys can defend him all you want, or rather the age gap in the relationship, it doesn't matter to me.

But I find it hard to respect someone when they're dating someone 14 years their junior (unless it's with older couples.)

Something doesn't add up.

But that's my personal opinion. Their relationship doesn't add nor remove anything in my life, so what they like or want is up to them. I just find it odd how there are so many men who prefer MUCH younger women in Asia when counterparts their age and older hold no appeal to them. It's like a preying mentality. Just as much as men don't like gold-diggers, I don't like youth diggers either. That's my 2c.

I don't think there are many women like men of her age, especially the young girls. They want someone who can give them safe feeling, have independent savings (not lean all on parents), so they themselves also prefer older men. Moreover, girls are often more mature than guys of their age 2-3 years at min, hence they often thinks the men of their age are childish.

If it's a serious relationship, even with age gap, it isn't young digger or gold digger. If it's for play around, even with no age gap, it's a play. The couple can get long together, and since when they are together, they are the answer for a serious relationship with age gap.

Not only men in Asia likes younger girls. I don't know where you are living, but I lived in UK a year and I've met 3 couples (all white) with 20-30 years gap. One is my professor (45) and a 18 year old student who have just got married this year and waiting for a new baby. Nobody ever bash them for such age gap.

#13 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2155 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Generally, the mindset/insight of a 20 yr old ... is hardly the mindset of a 34 yr old. Part of that has to do with life experiences and exposure.

Perhaps at 41 and 55 ... even then, in seniors (I believe 'senior' is tagged @ 55?) and the 40 yr old .... there's going to some difference in mindsets-priorities. I can detect that even in 70 and 80 yr old seniors = different fears, different stages of 'senior-wintering'.

And while it varies from personality to personality .... it is challenging to imagine (as outlined above by PP) a 45 yr old prof with an 18 yr old .... it's almost the same as Woody Allen and Soon-yi Pravin (56 to her 20?). Apparently Soon-yi was throwing a hissy fit one time, and he was calmly pacifying her like a dad (or grandad).

Then again, it's true females (even at preschool age) are often more mature than their male peers at that same age. So Hannah Q may be a mature 20 going on 25 ... while Jay C is a 34 going on 30 in mentality. Posted Image

In a similar scenario of the high profile Raymond Lam-fong and Karena Ng pairing (I believe also 14-15 yrs apart?) ... Karena Ng may be only 19 (heavens, just a babe barely out of teen-hood!), but she's pragmatically clearly quite focused on the privileged perks of dating/marrying him.

Edited by nomad 822, 30 August 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#14 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

I don't think there are many women like men of her age, especially the young girls. They want someone who can give them safe feeling, have independent savings (not lean all on parents), so they themselves also prefer older men.

Do you have statistical data to support this assertion? Or is it just another off-the-hip claim somewhat based on your own experience?

If it's a serious relationship, even with age gap, it isn't young digger or gold digger. If it's for play around, even with no age gap, it's a play. The couple can get long together, and since when they are together, they are the answer for a serious relationship with age gap.

Most psychologists specialized in couple relationship view these May-December unions as being imbalanced in that the power and control often rest with the older partner (in most case the man) with the younger partner (often the female) playing the adornment role who want to be pampered.

Not only men in Asia likes younger girls. I don't know where you are living, but I lived in UK a year and I've met 3 couples (all white) with 20-30 years gap. One is my professor (45) and a 18 year old student who have just got married this year and waiting for a new baby. Nobody ever bash them for such age gap.

While they certain exist, these May-December relationships have become much more of a taboo in the West, as women have become more self-sufficient and independent than their traditional counterparts. Since you claimed to have lived in the UK, then you must be familiar with the whole Prince Charles/ Princess Diana debacle. Many has attributed their 16-yr age gap as the basis for their troubled marriage. One could easily how their lives and interests diverged as Charles had wanted to settle into his mid life which for a woman of her age at the time would find boring.
  • Coralie likes this

#15 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12343 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

^ I have the idea you dont know anything about the Charles-Diana relationship. Their trouble was royal wedding, not the age. Do you see. Diana with young men after Charles? Charles loves Camelia, no doubt because he eventually with woman he truly loves.

And if you think Asian girls out of Arab world arent dependent in current world like Western women, you seems to live under a rock.

For the statistics, you can check online. Google is the tool. Use it. If you dont search yourself, I will help you. Your psychologist theory dun have statistics attached, mind you.

Overall, their happiness is stronger than any theory. Jay and Hannah still good, isnt it the best for anyone who like them and the end of whoever teased them/bashed them/cursed them. They are even longer than couples with same ages.

#16 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

^ I have the idea you dont know anything about the Charles-Diana relationship. Their trouble was royal wedding, not the age. Do you see. Diana with young men after Charles? Charles loves Camelia, no doubt because he eventually with woman he truly loves.

And if you think Asian girls out of Arab world arent dependent in current world like Western women, you seems to live under a rock.

For the statistics, you can check online. Google is the tool. Use it. If you dont search yourself, I will help you. Your psychologist theory dun have statistics attached, mind you.

Overall, their happiness is stronger than any theory. Jay and Hannah still good, isnt it the best for anyone who like them and the end of whoever teased them/bashed them/cursed them. They are even longer than couples with same ages.

Oh boy, your ignorance and shallow knowledge of the issue at hand never cease to amaze me.

Firstly, regarding Charles and Diana, I would advise you to stop just looking at the tabloid gossips as to the cause of their problems. They were merely symptoms, and not the cause assuming they were true at all. The NY Times Magazine once did an interview with Charles shortly after their public parting and he admitted that he had nothing in common with her and most of which was due to the fact they were in different stages of life. The interviewer, who happened to be a former faculty member of the psychology department at Princeton, concluded that he agreed with Charles' own assessment given what he had heard both on and off the record.

I have no clues what you try to say about Asian girls, Arab girls and Western girls; so I shall lay off from that one.

Google might be a good tool for seeking quick and simplistic info; but if you want to do hardcore research, it would be like trying to perform surgery using a steak knife with a bottle of Thunderbird as antiseptics. If Google were the only tool for info, no one should need to go to school.

I, along with many here whatever their views on these types of relationships are, completely agree that they have the right to do whatever they do since both are legal adults. However, that does not and should not preclude us from giving our views. Otherwise, sites like this should be shut down if no one is allowed to comment on celebrities, or be turned into fan clubs if only positive opinions are allowed.

So here is my takes and I think I had already wasted enough brain matters.

Edited by MrCritique, 31 August 2013 - 02:33 AM.

• Coralie and mi.ny.veg like this

#17 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12343 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Yawn, can see you are best at changing topic. Nobody ban you to give out opinions, but dont act like a child when he is taken the toys whenever someone disagree with you. Feel free to continue .

About Charles and Diana, they hardly knew each other and the whole marriage is royal purpose, hence they understood none about each other. Same bed different minds is a China quote suits such case. You are kind of funny to think you actually know abour them anyomore than me :loool:. I can.answer you that we are the same, read about them and give out own perspective.

About statistics, mind you show me your statistics as example? Since you cant, dun request me to help you.

Arab women is unfairly treated, but other women in Asian are more independent now. The time when women stay at home to do houseworks and wait for husband to bring money ended. There are women who do chores as fulltime job but the amount isnt any smaller than Western women. Sp your theory that Asian women depend on men should be update now.

It's funny to join and runaway such way. But you are best at that, so goodbye. Please keep in mind that women now are not men's dolls.

#18 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yawn, can see you are best at changing topic. Nobody ban you to give out opinions, but dont act like a child when he is taken the toys whenever someone disagree with you. Feel free to continue .

About Charles and Diana, they hardly knew each other and the whole marriage is royal purpose, hence they understood none about each other. Same bed different minds is a China quote suits such case. You are kind of funny to think you actually know abour them anyomore than me Posted Image. I can.answer you that we are the same, read about them and give out own perspective.

About statistics, mind you show me your statistics as example? Since you cant, dun request me to help you.

Arab women is unfairly treated, but other women in Asian are more independent now. The time when women stay at home to do houseworks and wait for husband to bring money ended. There are women who do chores as fulltime job but the amount isnt any smaller than Western women. Sp your theory that Asian women depend on men should be update now.

It's funny to join and runaway such way. But you are best at that, so goodbye. Please keep in mind that women now are not men's dolls.

You are a piece of work! For those who been around here in this site, they know I've been around and would not run away from anything. It is just very silly to try to have a dialogue with someone who can hardly articulate her points. Perhaps a Chinese site would be more suitable for you.

As for Charles and Diana, I have already revealed my source so no need to elaborate further. If you did not comprehend what was written, then the problem is yours, not mine.

As for statistics, what on earth are you talking about? What statistics? Was this your silly attempt o a lame retort when I asked for evident support for your assertion that most young girls prefer much older men? If you're referring to my statement that most relational psychologists believe in a great number of pitfalls in May/December unions, then you'd have taken absurdity to new height. It is like asking someone for statistical support Einstein believe in the Theory of Reality. Posted Image

Also, please kindly show me where did I theorize the dependency of Asian women and, for crying out loud, Arab women? But i can easily prove that in post#15 that it was you who first mentioned the Arabs for some strange and unknown reason

And for someone who claim most women prefer older men because of the safety and security they presumably can provide (post #12), you are accusing me of viewing Asian women as dependent plaything? Really? Is the earth still flat?

Finally, thanks to Mon Cherie and Mi Ny Veg for your support as I have a feeling that I have been the one who flew over the cuckoo's nest.Posted Image

Edited by MrCritique, 31 August 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#19 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12343 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

You are a piece of work! For those who been around here in this site, they know I've been around and would not run away from anything. It is just very silly to try to have a dialogue with someone who can hardly articulate her points. Perhaps a Chinese site would be more suitable for you.

As for Charles and Diana, I have already revealed my source so no need to elaborate further. If you did not comprehend what was written, then the problem is yours, not mine.

As for statistics, what on earth are you talking about? What statistics? Was this your silly attempt o a lame retort when I asked for evident support for your assertion that most young girls prefer much older men? If you're referring to my statement that most relational psychologists believe in a great number of pitfalls in May/December unions, then you'd have taken absurdity to new height. It is like asking someone for statistical support Einstein believe in the Theory of Reality. Posted Image

Also, please kindly show me where did I theorize the dependency of Asian women and, for crying out loud, Arab women? But i can easily prove that in post#15 that it was you who first mentioned the Arabs for some strange and unknown reason

And for someone who claim most women prefer older men because of the safety and security they presumably can provide (post #12), you are accusing me of viewing Asian women as dependent plaything? Really? Is the earth still flat?

Finally, thanks to Mon Cherie and Mi Ny Veg for your support as I have a feeling that I have been the one who flew over the cuckoo's nest.Posted Image

:loool: now you go with personal attack. Is it your style of discussion? If it is, I have to leave you here, tiny boy.

And since you cant understand the points of feelings and the economic/work independence, I have nothing to do with you. Wat is the difference between two women in Western and Asia when date/marry an older man

You claimed in your first post about Asian women. Try go to re-read and accurate your opinions your own

Your opinions are not facts. You have perspective and you cant make it a truth without proofs. So you claimsed of the psychologist after asking other for statistics, you have to show how many psychologists said so, too.

And your last post is the perfect example for the majority effect. Lolz, I blv if 999/1000 ppl in a commune say pig can fly, you will make it like Theory of Reality. Whatever.

In the end, fact is stronger than perspective. There are life-time couples with big age gap to prove. I wish Jay and Hannah well and praise them for their brave love over the nosy ppl. Its hard to live now since when ppl careless for young woman-old man, young man-old woman, handicap person-normal person, gay, lesbian, asexual, etc. You dont contribute anything to their life, why put pressure to them. Let them live their life. This para is general scope, not only to Mr. Cri.

#20 mingdee

mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

... your assertion that most young girls prefer much older men? If you're referring to my statement that most relational psychologists believe in a great number of pitfalls in May/December unions, ...... And for someone who claim most women prefer older men because of ..

I usually refrain from using the word 'most'. I would use 'some or maybe most' .....coz I feel in that way I am safe LOLzzz!!!! Anyway, good comebacks from the two debaters! Interesting.

Edited by mingdee, 01 September 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#21 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image now you go with personal attack. Is it your style of discussion? If it is, I have to leave you here, tiny boy.

Posted Image What discussion? And do I know you, Alecagnus?

AH, I got it, you are Kwaii Neko's English tutor now subbing as her cyber surrogate who even had changed/corrected all her previous posts here. Fortunately, I have preserved Kwaii Neko's priceless for posterity. Hope Kwaii Neko has paid you well for this bit of service. LOL!!

Anyway, language may have improved, but the logics remain fuzzy and questionable.

You claimed in your first post about Asian women. Try go to re-read and accurate your opinions your own

Please use the quote function here to verify that I made such a claim specifically about Asian women.

Your opinions are not facts. You have perspective and you cant make it a truth without proofs. So you claimsed of the psychologist after asking other for statistics, you have to show how many psychologists said so, too.

And your last post is the perfect example for the majority effect. Lolz, I blv if 999/1000 ppl in a commune say pig can fly, you will make it like Theory of Reality. Whatever.

You dont contribute anything to their life, why put pressure to them. Let them live their life. This para is general scope, not only to Mr. Cri.

For your information, when I said it is the main position of the psychologist community on May/December relationship, it means it is their opinion/perspective based on their various researches. It does mean it is flawless fact and I am sure there are many such couples who succeeded. Pyschology is an inexact science. However, when Kwaii Neko stated that "not many women like men of her age", she made it as though it was a fact which in my opinion carried the burden of proof because of the controversial nature. So, Alecagnus, now you can explain to your student, alter-ego, or whatever why I jumped in in the first place.

So I don't contribute anything to the Jay Chou relationship. Should I or could I as someone who don't know him personally and don't carry any influence over him? As such, I think your charge of my putting great pressure on his relationship is really over the top.

#22 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

when Kwaii Neko stated that "not many women like men of her age", she made it as though it was a fact which in my opinion carried the burden of proof because of the controversial nature.

Well:

According to Staticbrain and MSNBC:

"76 percent of (US) women date men that are at least 5 years older than them"

Source: MNSNBC Ezine
Verified: 7.26.2012

Of course these numbers are based on a survey conducted in the US but I'm sure this is proof enough that KawaiiNeko's comment is not just a baseless preference. May I also add that I find it a tad hypocritical for you to demand statistical numbers of her claim (I'm assuming KawaiinNeko is a 'her', if not, my apologies) but fail to provide a single link to a peer-reviewed psychology-based scientific article or mention of a trusted source to support yours (not that I doubt the existence of such articles but still).

Just my 2 cents.

All of this can be avoided with the common sense to use Google and check sources though

Edited by Moonshade, 02 September 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#23 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well:

According to Staticbrain and MSNBC:

"76 percent of (US) women date men that are at least 5 years older than them"

Source: MNSNBC Ezine
Verified: 7.26.2012

Of course these numbers are based on a survey conducted in the US but I'm sure this is proof enough that KawaiiNeko's comment is not just a baseless preference. May I also add that I find it a tad hypocritical for you to demand statistical numbers of her claim (I'm assuming KawaiinNeko is a 'her', if not, my apologies) but fail to provide a single link to a peer-reviewed psychology-based scientific article or mention of a trusted source to support yours (not that I doubt the existence of such articles but still).

Just my 2 cents.

All of this can be avoided with the common sense to use Google and check sources though

Firstly, MSNBC is a US cable outlet and their polls (often with their own disclaimer) are not scientific, unlike those from outfits such as Gallup, Neilsen, or Pew. The network has all kind of straw polls every night on viewer's opinions on various topics, just like its counterpart Fox News does. But since I know you do not live in the US, I would not hold this against you. It just shows my point that Google might be a useful tools to gather info, however, it does not guarantee the efficacy of the searched results.

Second, as raw as the data might be, I still find the results from the MSNBC straw poll interesting in that an age disparity of only five years would not exactly what I would call "May/December".

Third, KawaiiNeko's statement is that she does not believe many girls like men their age, especially young girls. The MSNBC straw poll may indicates 76% of its respondents date men at least 5 years older but no info is offered on rather these women date older men exclusively that would have backed her claim.

So what this boils down to here is that we have a debate of opinions here, which is OK since we are in the rather light-hearted Entertainment Section of this site. The last thing I wanted would be turning every thread into needless debates of science, laws, and social politics with all kinds of quasi-experts coming in with mountains of "documentation" easily obtained from Google. All I had wanted was for KwaiiNeko to be at least honest that such extreme assertion was merely her own opinion.

Hopefully, these would be the last words on this beaten up topic and everyone should just let the thread die a natural death.
  • Coralie likes this

#24 Sushi007

Sushi007

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

What the freak is going on here? lol...

#25 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hahaha as (mostly) always, I agree with Mr. Critique. Especially on this.

But this topic has gotten into quite a detailed debated. Pretty interesting actually.

I would love to delve more into the psychological/sociological aspect of why it's a bigger disadvantage for women to marry men much older than them, and how there's a power imbalance at work, but I don't think many people who actually reads the entertainment news here really cares that much for discourse. Or rather, maybe they just see the advantages and call it a day.

Again, I don't have an issue with guys like Jay Chou marrying teenagers, since it doesn't affect my life. But on a broader scale, this behavior can be alarming.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: taiwan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users