285 replies to this topic

#251 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:50 AM

View PostVanadia, on Jul 19 2008 3 55 PM, said:

About the song Forever from Lu Guang Well, he sings it quite well on the OST except as i said some of the English lyrics sound dodgy and he sounds a bit strained on the chorus when it goes higher but in the actual episode where he sings it he quavers through it very emotional while the background music of the ep is in a different key It really clashes Check it out

Oh, no wonder. I guess the soundtrack version is a bit better than? No wonder I didn't catch it. 'Cause I was wondering if I was tone death not to catch such an a mistake. *phew* Feeling reassured again, lol.

And I don't care much for ratings. As long as the plot is good - and if the acting is tolerable. I think it's 'cause his acting isn't top-notch yet (but like half of the TW idol stars know how - even the super famous ones right now but ppl tend to pick only on certain ppl. :whistle) But I feel bad that Leon has to take the fault for the whole drama flopping since it probably had to do w/ other cast also, not just him. After all, Esther's acting isn't super strong. She was terrible in Westside Story to me, but was much better in Mr. Fighting so not sure how she does in Green Forest, My Home. (Not just going to shift blame on Esther, but just using her as example. Probably other factors contributed to it too.) But I think I should stop ranting about it and should take time to watch the drama before commenting further.

Yes, I saw the news. He wrote it on his Sina blog too, lol. I should check his blog more often since it has updates in both English & Chinese. (That's so cool that he's so considerate to write in both so both fans could understand what's going on.) I think I have more hope for him now 'cause he's always working so hard to improve. Hopefully, he can prove to us one day.

I don't think you're that behind on dramas since I'm the slowest. It doesn't help that I kept juggling between dramas either. I tend to juggle, lol. Haven't seen a drama that take my interest w/o me shifting back in forth. Talking about that, Almost Perfect is going to airing in August definitely this time. Leon talked about it in his blog. Hopefully it'll be in the Viet-dubbed version by the end of this year if not earlier. 'Cause it's too weird to watch ancient serial w/ English subs (lol).

Edit:

I just read all his previous entries on Sina and realizes why he's so popular and loved by fans. 'Cause he's such a considerate person and he has this great personality. He really cares about fans and always include them in entries, etc and informing them of stuffs. (AND not just 'cause he's good-looking like some people kept being bitter about how he lack skills but are still getting attention. So NOT true.) He's such a hard-working person too, always striving forward and accepting new challenges.

And I just found out Almost Perfect is a movie, not a drama, lol. The Chinese wiki is so misleading. The actual DramaWiki profile of Leon in English listed right, lol.

Edited by DTLCT, 20 July 2008 - 04:34 AM.

#252 Sesshoum@ru_Lover_4_Ev@

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

is he da one whom also play in wind n cloud II?

Edited by Sesshoum@ru_Lover_4_Ev@, 20 July 2008 - 04:37 AM.

#253 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

View PostSesshoum@ru_Lover_4_Ev@, on Jul 19 2008 8 36 PM, said:

No, I don't think so. I didn't watch it, but I don't think he ever took part of that.

#254 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

View PostSesshoum@ru_Lover_4_Ev@, on Jul 20 2008 1 36 PM, said:

no i think the only dramas he has been in are Heavens Wedding Gown, Green Light Forest and My Lucky Star and that mainland co-production about airline pilots

DTLCT i think leon is extremely handsome in an old fashioned movie star kind of way Especially he has luminous eyes and a suden sweet crooked smile But i think he can act and he has some powerful sceens in My Lucky star

i think some fans dont like him cos he has an older more formal image and is not cool Tho he has more of a pop idol image in his apearances with Olivia where they sing Cant Smile without You as a duet

I think leons girlfriend Joyce helps him with his chinese and it is very obliging of him to post on his blog in both languages he works very very hard at his career I think he knows what it means to be poor cos he was from a single parent family and left school young to go out to work before he became a model

Im editing this post to add that leons historical film has opened in China and is doing very well It is also available on dvd on Yes Asia but without English subs Ive ordered it anyway and a friend will have a go at translating it

LJW has also recorded an EP including his olympic song that he is going to sing at the Water Cube You can check it out with some great pics on his SINA blog

Edited by Vanadia, 16 August 2008 - 11:25 PM.

#255 annjoe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

On August 9, actress Han Ji-hye took her place in front of the mic at Intersound recording studio in Seoul.

She was there to sing the (or should I say one of many) Olympic theme song “Friends” with a guy identified merely as “Chinese star William.” (Using those details, I’ve been unable to Google anything more relevant than William Hung — and Naver gives me, alternately, Prince William or Tony Leung — and I know that’s not right. Anyone got more info on the guy? Thanks for the identification, he is Leon Jay Williams.)

Han was brought to this project via a proposal from the Chinese Olympic committee to sing “Friends” as the official swimming theme (er, is this new? Does each event get a theme song? Cuz I’d like to hear what they’d call the theme for boxing (“Hit Him”? “No Longer Friends”?) or, say, badminton). The song will mark the men’s 400m freestyle event taking place on August 10, at which 18-year-old Korean swimmer (and gold-medal hopeful) Park Tae-hwan is to compete.

Han isn’t a total rookie in the recording studio — she surprised with her singing for the OST of her recent movie Humming. She says, “Do you know that my dream as a child was to be a singer? I’ve always loved dancing and singing, so there was a time I briefly thought, ‘I should become a singer.’” She put those dreams away when she became an actress instead, but sees this as a chance to do something new.

“I’d love for this theme song to cheer on our athletes even a little. I hope that they meet with good results befitting the amount of hard work they’ve put into this,” she said.

The recording session was rushed, as Han Ji-hye is in the midst of filming East of Eden. Finally — can’t wait for that show to start airing so we can stop hearing about how it’s about to start airing.
On August 9, actress Han Ji-hye took her place in front of the mic at Intersound recording studio in Seoul.

She was there to sing the (or should I say one of many) Olympic theme song “Friends” with a guy identified merely as “Chinese star William.” (Using those details, I’ve been unable to Google anything more relevant than William Hung — and Naver gives me, alternately, Prince William or Tony Leung — and I know that’s not right. Anyone got more info on the guy? Thanks for the identification, he is Leon Jay Williams.)

Han was brought to this project via a proposal from the Chinese Olympic committee to sing “Friends” as the official swimming theme (er, is this new? Does each event get a theme song? Cuz I’d like to hear what they’d call the theme for boxing (“Hit Him”? “No Longer Friends”?) or, say, badminton). The song will mark the men’s 400m freestyle event taking place on August 10, at which 18-year-old Korean swimmer (and gold-medal hopeful) Park Tae-hwan is to compete.

Han isn’t a total rookie in the recording studio — she surprised with her singing for the OST of her recent movie Humming. She says, “Do you know that my dream as a child was to be a singer? I’ve always loved dancing and singing, so there was a time I briefly thought, ‘I should become a singer.’” She put those dreams away when she became an actress instead, but sees this as a chance to do something new.

“I’d love for this theme song to cheer on our athletes even a little. I hope that they meet with good results befitting the amount of hard work they’ve put into this,” she said.

The recording session was rushed, as Han Ji-hye is in the midst of filming East of Eden. Finally — can’t wait for that show to start airing so we can stop hearing about how it’s about to start airing.

#256 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

I know what you mean anjoe
According to Leons SINA blog he felt he had realy good chemistry with Han Ji-hye. He said their song--which had flowing water or something in the Chinese title--was played in the background when Michale Phelps won his 8th gold medal. I think the song has come out as an EP or is about to

I think Leon struggled a bit with the part of the song he had to sing in korean rofl

a friend and i just watched leons historical romantic comedy Almost Perfect we couldnt follow all of the story but leon looked sensational in period costume
Also at one point some girls break out of ancient dialogue and say in chinese 'he is so hot!' like in modern slang
i am going to 'grab' some stills to use as walpaper
also i think his olympic song EP is out too

he always updates everything on his sina blogg

Edited by Vanadia, 05 September 2008 - 03:42 AM.

#257 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:21 AM

He finished filming "Jump" already.

Latest entry:
http://blog.sina.com...070100c13n.html

Just thought I post since it's a bit empty lately.

Edited by DTLCT, 04 March 2009 - 04:22 AM.

#258 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

yeah saw that on his blog Must get ahold of it
i like how he always posts lots of pics from his modeling--and he posts in english and chinese!

#259 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

Yes. He keeps us up to date with his events a lot. (So it makes us stalkers happy. :loool:) I agree with you about posting in both Chinese and English.

#260 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:26 PM

i wasnt all that taken with those pics of his modeling where there was a Happy Prince theme I guess they were supposed to look playful but the outfits! UGH

Liked the ones of his last year's visit to Taipei Zoo tho What a hoot! ROFL

Edited by Vanadia, 01 May 2009 - 11:27 PM.

#261 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

LOL! The latest one was a bit strange - I admit. The zoo ones were funny. I like the ones where he's in those black suits more, lol. Maybe he just looks good in black suits. *shrugs*

#262 nickoh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:33 AM

ups

Edited by nickoh, 15 June 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#263 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

Well, Leon is going to be in a new television drama--his first one since his stint as Jimmy Lin's decent elder brother in My Lucky Star. Hurray! Here's the link to the news:
Leon's new drama

#264 imeisee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

Finally! I'm so happy to hear that Leon would have a new series! Finally!

Also,Anyone have the mp3 of Leon Williams' Cant Smile Without You? I suddenly missed it!

#265 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

i think there are various versions of Can't Smile still on YouTube which you should be able to find quite easily. In one he sings it live as a duet with a singer called Olivia. It's really good--together they bring some new life to it.

I'm really pleased that Leon still has ambitions to work in Taiwan, and it appears to be a lead role in River Lovers, too. He seemed to be spending most of his time on the mainland, acting in feature films with his voice dubbed because of his no-so-good Chinese. ROFL

#266 sailorcutee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

happy birthday william
^^

#267 cheryltanfc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

Actor Leon Jay Williams Rushed to Hospital While Filming

Posted Image

Singapore-born, Taiwanese-based actor Leon Jay Williams was rushed to the hospital after suffering bouts of diarrhoea while filming upcoming Taiwanese drama “River Lovers” in the scorching summer heat in Kaohsiung on Sunday.

Posted Image

And it wasn’t just the actor who was down. About half of the 30-strong film crew were taken to the hospital.

Williams, and co-star Genie Zhuo, have been travelling all over Taiwan the past few days, filming in places like Sun Moon Lake and Yilan County.

The relentless heat must have taken a toll on the actor’s body as Williams was reportedly up four times on Monday night vomiting, and had to keep rushing to the toilet even while filming.

Not having a very good appetite to begin with, this left Williams feeling weak and exhausted.

When rushed to the hospital, Williams reportedly had to be put on a drip and was diagnosed with suffering from heat stroke and enterogastritis, a condition where the stomach and intestines are inflamed.

Williams is taking a well-deserved break and will be heading back to Singapore to celebrate his 33rd birthday with his mother on July 30.

The former Mister Singapore, is known for starring in several Taiwanese dramas including “Green Forest, My Home” with Esther Liu and Ethan Ruan.

#268 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

Thanks cheryltanfc! I saw a similar article in the Liberty Times. It said he had gastroenteritis, with vomiting and diarrhoea. Ugh! Poor guy.

He hasn't updated his blog so I don't know how well he has recovered or when he will return to filming River Lovers.

#269 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

Guess what fans? He's all right. 'Cause he's able to update and all so I guess he should be good, right? Yay! :loool:

Check here for pictures:
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4d4210070100edrs.html

#270 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

He's back in Kaoshiung, and filming River Lovers has resumed after Morakot. He posted links to the Red Cross and World Vision on his blog in case anyone wanted to donate to the appeals.

#271 =sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Leon Jay Williams gets S$19,000 paycheck per episode in new Chinese drama

Xin.sg - Saturday, October 24

After filming ended for his upcoming idol drama series River Lovers with Genie Chuo, Singapore-born, Taiwan-based actor-singer Leon Jay Williams took off to China to participate in a 2010 spring drama series last week.

He is reportedly the first of the cohort of Taiwanese idol drama actors handpicked by CCTV to make a breakthrough in the Chinese station's primetime television slot. The 33-year-old will also be recording the theme song for the show. Production for Zhang Xiao Wu De Chun Tian was slated to begin in September this year, however, due to a clash in Leon's schedule, the production team decided to begin filming the other actors' portions first.

Besides paying him a hefty sum of S$19,000 per episode, CCTV also arranged for the Singaporean actor to live in a luxurious villa suite with a personal chauffeur at his service.

"This time round, I am enjoying a luxurious life like a King for filming this show. I am staying in a place like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. Two days before we started filming, I was not used to the food provided for the production crew and got my manager to feedback my opinion to the lifestyle manager. That night itself, the production team prepared a simple meal with three plates of non-oily vegetables. I was a little shocked at the Hollywood-like treatment given to me."

Missing in action for the past two years, Leon has been slowly making his entry into the Chinese market. Last year, he was the lead in the Chinese film, Shi Quan Jiu Mei, which a record S$12,000,000 at the box office.

Source :
Yahoo!News

#272 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Well, Leon has worked very hard and always brings such sincerity to his roles.
I'm glad things seem to have gone his way for once!
Thanks for posting the article =sx.k=.

#273 =sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

Li Wei-Lian loves luxury watches but refuses to give his girlfriend a ring

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

17 December 2009 Taiwan

Li Wei-Lian (Leon Jay Williams) has been with his girlfriend Joyce for almost five years, but he has never given her a ring. He said candidly about being persistent on this issue, “Giving a ring is a big matter. It is a tradition. I can give her my house and car, but the ring should wait till we get married.” It hasn’t been easy to maintain their long-distance relationship over the last five years. In addition to frequent phone calls, Li Wei-Lian never hesitates to admit openly that he has a girlfriend, giving Joyce peace of mind.

Earlier in June, he was spotted in the Hong Kong airport with a long-hair beauty. He immediately refuted rumours that he was cheating, and revealed that the lady was indeed his girlfriend Joyce. She was travelling with him for a charity event in Mainland China.

Li Wei-Lian has been successful in expanding his career in the Mainland market over recent years. His movie “Almost Perfect” (十全九美) made almost 300 million RMB. Stephen Chow approved immediately when Li was cast to replace Edison Chen in the movie “Jump” after his infamous scandal. Li Wei-Lian began reshooting scenes with lead actress Zhang Yu-Qi right after the production got underway, he laughed and said, “It felt like I was kissing her everyday.”

The Hong Kong version of “My Sassy Girl” has also cast him as the lead, opposite Aaron Kwok’s rumoured-girlfriend Lynn Xiong. At 178cm, she is only 2cm shorter then him. Li Wei-Lian shook his head and said, “I’m used to working with tall girls. Zhang Yu-Qi is over 170 as well. When she wears heels, the height is perfect for kissing.”

Many are curious when he will marry his girlfriend Joyce. Li Wei-Lian said that his brother is already married and has his own children, so his family is not rushing him. After working in the business for many years, he has finally achieved success in both the big and small screens. He said now is the time for his career, so marriage will have to wait. He complimented that Joyce is not a vain person, and her favourite gift is a card that he made for her by hand. She accompanied him through the years when his career hit rock bottom.

Li Wei-Lian dressed in Prada and wore a Cartier watch for this photo shoot. His eyes lit up when he saw the luxury watch, and explained that he also enjoys buying watches himself. His collection ranges from a couple hundreds dollars to around NT $100,000. Cartier prepared a Rose Gold Automatic Chronograph watch that worth NT $690, 000 on the day of the shoot. When Li heard about the price, he stuck his tongue out at said, “No wonder it’s so pretty. I can feel the weight when I wear it.”

Source : UDN
Translations : PA @ CpopAccess.com

#274 angela_kyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

Hi all,
Leon will be back to Singapore on 13th Jan 2010 to promote his new movie JUMP. There will be a movie premier on 13th Jan 2010 and we are currently gathering fans to join the event.

Interested Fans please email to leonspore@yahoo.com.sg with your name and contact number, so that we can get back to u ASAP.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Angela Kwok
Leon Jay Williams Singapore Fans Club
http://blog.omy.sg/leonjaywilliams/
http://tw.club.yahoo...iams-Singapore/

#275 joannajoyann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

i just wanted to ask about leon jay williams new drama river lovers, when will we going to see it on tv????is it out in the you tube???even just a trailer...i really love leon jay williams...

#276 =sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

View Postjoannajoyann, on 30 December 2009 - 07:43 PM, said:

i just wanted to ask about leon jay williams new drama river lovers, when will we going to see it on tv????is it out in the you tube???even just a trailer...i really love leon jay williams...

According to the information from some of the Genie's fans,River Lovers will be show in February on PTS but there isn't any confirmation news regarding the airing date of River Lovers yet.

#277 joannajoyann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

View Post=sx.k=, on 31 December 2009 - 08:52 AM, said:

According to the information from some of the Genie's fans,River Lovers will be show in February on PTS but there isn't any confirmation news regarding the airing date of River Lovers yet.

thank u for the information......thank u sooo much..i really love leon williams

#278 =sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

Leon Jay William's mini-homecoming in Singapore for Jump

Friday January 15, 2010 Singapore

Posted Image

If anything, the gala premiere for the romantic-comedy movie Jump at Lido cinema last night was more like a mini-homecoming of sorts for its Singaporean-born Taiwan-based actor, Leon Jay Williams. Apart from the fan crowd gathered, the actor's family and friends were also there to support and rally around him.

Combining kung fu and hip-hop, Jump revolves around the story of a country girl (Kitty Zhang) who decides to strike it out on her own and moves to Shanghai - "the city of dreams", to pursue her passion for dancing. The movie is a creation by the bigwigs of the Hong Kong movie industry - directed by Stephen Fung and produced by comedy legend Stephen Chow, the latter responsible for hits like Kung Fu Hustle and CJ 7.

Leon, 34, was offered the role of a rich playboy, replacing the original actor Edison Chen when the production team decided to pull the latter out of the show because of his 2008 sex photo furore.

"As all of Edison's scenes had already been shot before, I was pretty nervous about my chemistry with the team. However, they were a friendly and great bunch of people, and we got along really well," Leon quipped fluently in Mandarin.

Yes, believe it or not, he has proved detractors wrong and "can now hold an entire conversation in Mandarin." Though he admits that he ended up communicating in English with director Stephen Fung who was more comfortable with Cantonese than Mandarin.

Breaking out into an effervescent smile, the statuesque one shared that he tried his best "to act based on my own interpretation of the character". Although he did sneak a few peeks at Edison's take on Ron, he said, "His version gave out more hip-hop vibes while I made mine more mature. I tried to make the character my own ".

Sporting a bit of a beard for his latest film role as a gangster in Gangster Rock, Leon revealed that he even had to pick up smoking and learn various smoking techniques from the crew to emit bad boy vibes.

Fans of Leon were visibly excited as this is the first official meet-and-greet session with fans held in Singapore. Pearl, who has been supporting him since his debut drama series (La robe de Mariee des cieux) in 2004 said, "I've met him in person before during my trip to Taiwan. He is really friendly and considerate to fans. It has been quite awhile since his previous projects and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting him again."

And it seems that Leon's good looks have universal appeal. Female fans were not the only one seen going gaga over Leon. A handful of males fans were spotted touting around mini signboards as they shared their impression on his "handsome good looks" and their belief to "support local talents"

With two upcoming movie releases this year, he humbly thanked everyone for their presence and support, and promised fans that they will "see each other very soon again".

Jump is currently showing at all local theaters.

Source : xin.sg,Yahoo!News

------------------------

Leon Jay Williams gets a second "wife"

Besides returning to his birth home of Singapore to promote his new movie Jump, local model-turned-actor Leon Jay Williams, who's based in Taiwan, had another agenda on his mind.

After a long wait of seven months, the man finally bagged a wife, a second one, in fact.

It's nothing polygamous or unfaithful. The new "wife" in question is a Volkswagen Tiguan he preordered in mid-2009, which cost him approximately S$128,000.

"I got a "wife" in Taiwan, and now I have a similar one in Singapore, haha!" he cracked.

The reason for the long waiting period was because his new ride had to undergo modifications such as changing the colour of the seats to a rich coffee brown.

On receiving the car, he exclaimed, "I'm very excited. My heart is beating so fast!"

Despite seldom spending time in Singapore, he says having a car here helps, especially now that he can bring his 70-year-old mother for a spin.

For him, getting cars and apartments is his way of feeling at home. Though he stays in his mother's HDB flat every time he's back (because she feels most comfortable in her own home), he owns two condominium units here, each of which cost him over a million dollars. One is an investment while he rents the other out.

The good-looking Eurasian is set for bigger things to come and his role in Jump ought to make his face a familiar one in the Chinese entertainment scene (and not just because he replaced the original actor Edison Chen who was dropped due to his sex photo scandal of 2008). The movie, which also stars Kitty Zhang of CJ7 fame, is directed by Stephen Fung and produced by comic legend Stephen Chow.

He has another idol drama River Lovers (opposite Genie Cho) that will debut soon, and recently wrapped up the Taiwanese movie Gangster Rock. After that, he'll be busy working on a Chinese drama production Zhang Xiao Wu De Chun Tian, and another movie, a remake of the Korean hit My Sassy Girl also starring Lynn Xiong

Now that he has financial stability and commercial success, is Leon ready to settle down? After all, he already addresses Joyce, his Taiwanese girlfriend of five years, as "the missus", but prefers to keep her out of the media spotlight "to protect her privacy".

Marriage is something that requires careful planning, he says, adding that both his mother and girlfriend are not rushing anything.

Jump is screening islandwide now.

Source : xin.sg,Yahoo!News

---------------------------

Leon Jay Williams has done his teachers proud

Posted Image

SINGAPORE : For a Singaporean boy who scored an F9 for his Chinese 'O' Level exam ("I took it only once. I gave up!"), we're pretty sure Leon Jay Williams has made his Chinese teachers very proud. And it only took 17 years.

The handsome 33-year-old Eurasian actor can be seen in cinemas speaking the language fluently in the latest Stephen Chow-produced romantic comedy "Jump".

"There was no Mandarin before!" said the affable former model, laughing, when TODAY asked him how his command of the language was pre-fame.

"I took Chinese to its lowest level," he joked, lapsing into a comfortable Singaporean-accented English.

"I was, like, super-failure, man! I couldn't speak Chinese. Maybe like 'wanton mee', that kind of thing, but that's it. None of my friends would speak Chinese to me because they would laugh at me!"

Well, all that has changed. After having been based in Taiwan for the last five years, the boy who was Mr Singapore 2001 has grown into the star of many a Taiwanese idol drama, including "My Lucky Star" and "Green Forest My Home", playing the debonair, rich, pretty boy. And early last year, thanks to the film-makers looking to replace an embattled Edison Chen, Williams landed the part in "Jump".

The Cinderella-esque, inspirational hip-hop movie, directed by Stephen Fung, stars Chinese actress Kitty Zhang as a naive farm girl who happens to also be an incredibly talented hip-hop dancer. Williams plays Ron, the rich (naturally) playboy businessman who ends up as her unexpected love interest.

"My agents told me there was a script for a Stephen Chow movie, want to have a look?" he said while in town to promote the film last month.

"We all grew up watching his movies, so I was like, 'Yeah, okay!'

"Then I was told there was a catch and that I was a replacement. But I was still, 'Yeah, sure why not?' I liked the script. I was all up for it and I didn't really care if someone else did it first or not. And Stephen (Fung) told me: 'We don't want another Edison. We want you because you fit the role.'

"Apparently, they went through the long process of looking at every Chinese, Hong Kong and Taiwan actor to see who was an okay replacement. Lucky me!"

And what exactly were the producers looking for?

"I think, bottom line, they wanted somebody who looked good in a suit."

Hey, looking good in clothes is a skill. So, with "Jump" in cinemas and two more movies confirmed (he plays a gangster in the next one), will we see another Singaporean foray into Hollywood waters a la Ng Chin Han?

"For now, my market is still in the Chinese industry. I am just starting to do movies," said Williams. "If there are any English movie offers, be it Hollywood, independent and even Singapore movies, I'm very open to it ..."

He paused, trying to find a word. Then he turned to his manager and said the word in Mandarin.

"Oh no, I am forgetting my English! There goes Hollywood then!" he laughed. "I'll be the one playing the Chinese-speaking guy in a Hollywood movie!"

Now that would be making his teachers proud - the ones who taught Chinese, not English.

"Jump" is in cinemas now.TODAY/il

Source
: Channel News Asia

#279 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

His career in feature films is really taking off! He's been in another one since Jump, hasn't he? Gangster Rock or something like that?
jia you, Leon!

I've just ordered Gangster Rock from YesAsia. He plays the gangster, and he is apparently an action man with facial hair and firearms in it!
Gangster Rock is out as a DVD in shops and frpmYesAsia. I also reviewed the film on my blog.

Edited by Vanadia, 20 December 2010 - 04:36 AM.

#280 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

I forgot share that I posted a review recently though I actually did that awhile back. Need caps, LOL!

Here goes: http://dtlct.wordpre.../gangster-rock/

I was surprised with how Leon was willing to try this role. (Well, hope his hard-working efforts would pay since there are improvements. Still need work but I just want to be positive.)

#281 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

I haven't been on Leon's sina blog for awhile, and so I just went on it, and he appears not to have updated it since December of last year.
What gives? He used to update it with all the beautiful photos.

#282 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Vanadia:
I think it's because he updates his Weibo more now. Same with the others who usually update their blog. It's just faster and easier to update on Weibo. Not to mention how they got lazy with long updates? I'm not sure. LOL!

Anyway, here's something for fun I set up on my blog for the holidays that involves Leon as well:
https://dtlct.wordpr...idays-fun-2011/

#283 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

He used to be so scrupulous about updating his blog, with all those wonderful photos. I think I'll just have to get on Weibo if I want to keep up with the latest in Leon's career...

#284 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Yes, he updates his Weibo more recently. It seems that most celebs have been doing that since it's more convenient? :loool: But he was done with some series or movie with Patrick Tam awhile back. Then I saw his updates on some other movies/series too. Seems busy like always. NOT sure what those movies/series are called yet but I guess we'll soon find out with more promotions coming.

#285 Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

Thanx for the update! But I really miss his blog. He used to update it in English and provide a Chinese translation, with lots of really great photos.
I'm hoping he'll act in a TW drama again, but lately he seems to be focussing almost exclusively on China.

#286 DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

Vanadia:
Yeah, I know. Maybe when he's back in Singapore for a vacation or a break, he'll update his blog? 'Cause I do understand the convenient of just snapping a picture and updating right there on set instead of going through the whole 'blog', lol. I saw some entry regarding that new drama, AND I'll try to follow more to get details. If I find out for sure, I'll post it up. OR maybe I'll just hunt down for news. But since the 'Weibo' craze, I rely more on actual celebs updating, like Leon is doing, rather than news. Since most reports have to squeeze in all random stuffs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users