32 replies to this topic

#1 ♥Kitsiee

Remarkable Five嵐<3

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:05 AM

貧窮貴公子 / Ping Qiong Gui Gong Zi
Poor Prince Taro (Yamada Taro Monogatori)
Posted Image

With 15 episodes, this CTS drama was broadcasted on the year 2001, and was adapted from the Japanese drama and manga Yamada Taro Monogatori. Its opening song was provided by Dragon 5, entitled I Want To Hold Your Hand, and its ending song provided by Annie Yi entitled, Are You My Happiness?Ni Shi Wo De Xing Fu Ma (你是我的幸福嗎).

Synopsis
From the Japanese manga Yamadataro Monogatari. Tai Lang(Taro) is the smart, capable, and good at everything. He is the most popular with girls at school not just due to his qualities but also because of rumors that his family is the richest of the MANY very rich families at his school. But the truth is, Tai Lang lives in a poor one-room home with his mother and six siblings, scraping for every single cent and his skills come only from being the man and woman of the house. Unintentionally hiding his poverty, Taro is a kind person which makes him all the more lovable. When Long Zi falls for his exterior, she tries to seduce him to get out of the low-middle-class life she is living until she discovers the truth about his "riches"...

Full Synopsis! Warning! Spoilers!

Hidden Text:

written by sukting of spc.net

Posted Image
Characters and Cast
Vic Chou
Posted Image
As Tai Lang
In every beginning scene of an episode, you will get to see Tai Lang asking for more food and money when he does his morning masses in the church. He is even willing to trade in his results for them. He picks up coins when he sees them to buy food. He can be so cunning to think of ways to get money. But it is hard to hate him as he is forced by circumstances. He often sleeps in class because he is too tired doing part time daily. He doesn’t want his other siblings to work as this will affect their studies.

Gao Hao Jun as Yu Chen
Li Jin Hong as San Pu
Ken Zhu as He Fu
Annie Yi as Ling Zi
Sandrine Pinna as Si Mei
Liu Han Ya as Long Zi
Stella Chang as Niao Ju
Wu Ti Ni as Mei Jia
Lin You Wei as Ah Tian

[b]Links

DramaWiki || Officiall Home Page

Edited by ♥Kitsiee, 18 April 2009 - 03:11 PM.

#2 illusion

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:47 AM

i bought it because of zai zai and i can say its the WORST taiwanese drama ive ever seen. it could possibly be the worst. it was just really ridiculous and not funny or exciting at all.

#3 HuaZe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:41 AM

i want to buy it but there's no eng subs version in my place..
all comes with chinese subs only..

• Guests

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:08 AM

The story plot sound very familiar, I think i read a manga that has the same kind of plot. Also very funny and the same poor rich boy things.

#5 illusion

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:58 PM

its probably based on the manga u read because i know its based on a manga

• Guests

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:27 AM

Does anyone has pictures and profile of Liu Han Ya?

I like her very much, she is so funny and lifely spokeswoman.

Please help me.

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:01 PM

tis show quite stupids lahs actually. so unreal. his mum always spend away all the money. qverall the show ish really jus very unrealistic.

#8 confusedgirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

Anyone know the title of this series in viet? how many tapes are there. i'll give it a try...possibly. but the plot doesn't seem that interesting. I'm hesitating to rent this series cause i'm afraid it might spoil zaizai's image as chen ling in my mind. hmm...

• Guests

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:21 AM

confusedgirl, on Apr 9 2005 5 09 PM, said:

Anyone know the title of this series in viet? how many tapes are there. i'll give it a try...possibly. but the plot doesn't seem that interesting. I'm hesitating to rent this series cause i'm afraid it might spoil zaizai's image as chen ling in my mind. hmm...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there seems to be a lot of bad reviews for this movie, if you dont wanna ruin your image of zaizai, id ont think you should watch it.

#10 xosugarcrushox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:33 PM

yup i bought this series from yesasia because i was obsessed with vic for quite a while, some parts are pretty funny but the plot isn't well developed and it doesn't really lead to anything. the only reason you would want to watch it is because vic is basically in every minute of it. So if you don't mind watching the dumb side of vic..you could watch this too or just stare at his face. :P

#11 Wengkee16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:57 PM

Some parts of the serie is kinda funny. But it's kinda weird to see Ken as Vic's dad hahahaha.

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:03 AM

OH..this show.... I watched it on TV..... its very very funny...though not much of a storyline... The original story is from a japanese manga if i'm not wrong.... but i still like this show.. funny.. and ya.. Ken as Vic's dad is really weird... their age clash...

#13 Vivagirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:38 AM

sorry if out of topic... but anyone knows if thay guy who acts as san pu (li jin hong).. does he sing? i tot i saw one mtv on him... anyone knows?

#14 mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:51 AM

I agree with everyone, even though I'm such a hardcore fan of Vic's, but this drama was a very big disappointment...the story was quite weak, and the casts' performances were not up the scratch, but it's understandable for Vic since this was only his second acting role :wasntme

#15 mxgirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

does anyone know where can i watch this series with english subtittle??

Edited by tammiest, 13 September 2008 - 02:53 AM.
Requests for downloads are not permitted outside of the Download Section

#16 KyoSa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:05 AM

I rented this series from a video store. There were only Chinese sub titles and the audio quality is kind of bad. The story is not so attracting. I only watched this because of Vic. His character is a little naive but very funny, and same with the family.

#17 -=kirsten=-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

i saw this series like 3 years or so ago and i only watched it because i think some of the parts are funny... i love the ending about the huge turtle.. also the fact that ken is zai's dad was hella crazy..

#18 mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

I do agree, some of the parts were ridiculously funny! :loool: However I actually really liked the idea of Ken playing Vic's father! He kinda suited the role! :D

#19 stacy78

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

yesh i agree, the drama is very meaningless but sooooo funny to watch. i think it's worth it for the humour :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Posted Image

#20 rebecca_xd

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

I love this serious it's shows the funny and shy side of Vic. But he acts like a pretty stupid/funny guy. lol ^_^
*Rebecca*

#21 Kiss*Vic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

View Postdark'L'angel, on Aug 1 2006 4 42 PM, said:

I do agree, some of the parts were ridiculously funny! :loool: However I actually really liked the idea of Ken playing Vic's father! He kinda suited the role! :D

lolz..I was like 'Really, Ken as Vic's dad." I cracked for a while. I think I'm going to rent this out and watch it for the sake of Zaizai. :iloveyou: :hug

#22 Wengkee16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, it's a little bit weird to see Ken as Vic's father. Hehehehe. Vic's is pretty cute in it. My fav part is when the little sister (4 mei) of Vic works at grandpa's home. hehehe.

#23 swanprincess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:10 AM

lol! i gotta say this is the WORST Taiwanese series (if not the worst among all tv series) i've ever seen,lah!after seeing this series, i stopped watching taiwanese series,lol!

Edited by swanprincess, 16 September 2006 - 05:12 AM.

#24 mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:38 AM

swanprincess - Just because u hated this drama and think it's crap, that does NOT mean that all taiwanese series are bad! There are alot of great taiwanese idol dramas out there, and it just so happens that this one is probably not one of them. So u shouldn't stop watching taiwanese dramas just because this one is bad.

Edited by dark'L'angel, 16 September 2006 - 08:40 AM.

#25 annes.128

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

I am a fan of zai zai especially since this came out right after MG, so I decided to watch it. I must say it was definitely a different persepective on Vic, but seriously Ken as his dad, That was just too weird. I read the manga which was really good, Highly recommended the manga, but for the series.. its more of a when you are really bored, then watch it. I mean I like the characters they were so cute. The plot was good in the manga but real life is very different from mangas, so it wasn't as good, especially since I saw the manga before the series.

Overall, I laughed alot, especially that one part when the guy though he was gay. Hahaha, still cracks me up. Vic was super cute in this series and his best friend was really hott.. soo I felt it was worth it just to see them, but thats just me. ;]

#26 Michelleys

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:55 AM

Even though this drama is like really really BAD, but I still enjoyed watching it. I thought the guy that didn't know if he was gay or straight was hot and ZaiZai's chracters' friend is hot. It was funny to me in some parts. It was quite random in some parts...

I do not reccomend watching this though, unless you really have nothing else to do.

#27 MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

lol after all this time, there is still no one out there who is willing to go for subbing this series? after i read the reviews i must say that the drama sounds pretty bad but then hell diffrent people has different opinions about these things lol just like some say that one drama was hella good, and i go watch it and i almost drop kicked myself because it was so BAD :D

if there is any more news on who is subbing it and where to get this i would highly appreciate it!

#28 tammiest

我要的世界

• Forum Crew
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

View PostMadHatter, on Apr 26 2007 11 17 AM, said:

lol after all this time, there is still no one out there who is willing to go for subbing this series? after i read the reviews i must say that the drama sounds pretty bad but then hell diffrent people has different opinions about these things lol just like some say that one drama was hella good, and i go watch it and i almost drop kicked myself because it was so BAD :D

if there is any more news on who is subbing it and where to get this i would highly appreciate it!
They're trying to put together a subbing team right now. I believe JenEm is trying to get it started... they don't have a lot of people, though. I think she got a hold of the episodes for it (which are hard to obtain in the first place), but she doesn't understand Mandarin, and the team is working simultaneously on three obscure dramas: this one, Hi! Working Girl, and Say Yes Enterprise.

So it will likely be extremely slow-going. :x

For people interested in helping out (and who have time on their hands... unlike myself), here is the link for their subbing group.

Edited by tammiest, 13 September 2008 - 02:54 AM.

#29 Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

This is the first Taiwanese drama I've ever bought home, and regretted it the next day... :lol: As much as I used to love Vic last time, I really regret for buying the show, because the story isn't good at all in my opinion... there are a lot of scenes which do not make sense at all, and some parts are either slightly mentioned or got over... not the best drama... I'd prefer Meteor Garden which was released at the same time :lol:

#30 zaicookie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:45 AM

at last, there's a group who will subbed Poor Prince. i've been longing to have a dvd/vcd copy of this with english subs, for a loooong time that i almost resign to the idea that i will ever find one. so thankful to this group that gave me hope to finally own a copy of Poor Prince. i like Poor Prince a lot, its so funny and at the same time showing moral values in life. i think it was not meant to be a series that will get awards, it was just made for fans and to capitalize F4 popularity that time. vic suits the role perfectly. even at that time, i already notice his good acting skills. though it's a comedy, he really looked like a poor, innocent, pure hearted person. i keep on laughing watching this, but i also cry on the part when his sister received recognition and told everyone that she is sharing the recognition to her big brother who takes care of the family. while others may not like this, i had a good, laughing time watching Poor Prince. and besides, i want to have a copy of the young zaizai together with ken.
please inform us when it is ready so we can order, please, please, please. your group is my only hope. thanks.

#31 ECENTERPRISE

ZZ Junkies Ghost

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:00 AM

I was not able to watch this drama, but I would love to, because of Vic.
As what the comments here state, the story line isn't good. So I have to prepare my self. But I love how cute Vic is in this series. And I find most of the scenes funny, thats why I'm dying to have this series with english subs. I hope someone would upload it in You Tube if it's not worth the money for buying a CD.

Edited by ECENTERPRISE, 17 May 2007 - 08:02 AM.

#32 Rasckita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

Zaicookie, Flower Rain is not selling "poor prince taro" with eng subs. You can download the episodes for free at http://flowerrainsubs.blogspot.com
The episode 1-2 of this serie was released a few days ago.

~~~~

For those saying this drama is bad. You can't compare 'poor prince taro' with other zai zai dramas like 'meteor garden', 'mars' and 'silence' for example. Poor Prince Taro is not a drama made to recieve awards or to teach good values etc etc. So when you watch don't expect it to be deep.

But it's not as bad as some people are saying. the good thing about "Poor Prince Taro" is that it's a light serie with lots of comedy. It's made to make you laught and not think to much. :) ehehe

So give it a try! ;) Zai Zai is a good reason to try this drama. He's adorable and great in this serie and he proved that he can play a comic role nicely.

#33 mytika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

Absolutly..I like this drama..coz ..funny..and I admired to Tai Lang. He work really..really hard to had money for his family.
But I didn't like his parents...huh...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users