AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Ugly korean actors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#1 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:31 AM

why is all the KOREAN ACTORS so UGLY? (except for one ---stairway to heaven)
and mostly the girls are hot?

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:06 AM

haha not really true.. i mean yeh, theres some ugly actors, but if u start watching the movie and seeing their personality, they get 50% cuter :) hehe like so ji sup.. when i first saw him in glass shoes, i dint think he was cute, but after i saw the rest of the movie plus I'm Sorry, I Love You, i love that guy.. i just think hes really cute now.. and dont forget the ones that are actually cute, like Song Seung Hun and Won Bin :D

#3 koalaph

koalaph

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:37 AM

gosh....cant believe there is a so called "haters thread" i respect everybodys opinion...this thread is really interesting but i think those who have hate in their hearts are a bunch of loserssss themselves in "real" life :loool: PEACE TO EVERYBODY! :huh: clapclap

#4 JadeKiss

JadeKiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

:loool: First time I started watching Korean movies i was wondering the same thing. Mostly leading men aren't so unattractive. But as the movie goes on (as mentioned previously) they get a little better. I really didn't like the guy from My Sassy Girl he looked like a hamster to me.

#5 _hello_

_hello_

Hello, world!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:20 AM

oh, hell no. there are many, many, MANY, hot Korean actors once you start getting into Korean entertainment. i also thought the majority of them were not-so-good looking at first. not anymore though. good examples are Wonbin (my banner ^__^), Kwon Sang Woo, Song Seung Hun, Kim Sung Soo, Shin Hyesung (actually, he's not an actor)...well, the list goes on.

Edited by lilliums, 23 March 2005 - 04:23 AM.

#6 m1ss

m1ss

all5TAR++

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6230 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:58 AM

i agree with lilliums.
once you start watching Korean dramas and movies, you find that they actually arent as bad looking as you first saw them to be.

Edited by m1ss, 26 March 2005 - 03:58 AM.

#7 sfoam

sfoam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:18 AM

Yah, you don't find them particularly good looking at first. But when you continue watching the series/movie they are in..they seem a little bit better looking. Overall, I think Chinese/Taiwanese/HK actors are hotter. [:

^Edited

Edited by sfoam, 22 June 2005 - 07:27 AM.

#8 Peppermint_618

Peppermint_618

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:22 AM

Han Jae Suk. I really dislike him because he is so boring and ugly looking. Every time he talks there's like two big muscle bumps or something something like that right beside his mouth, that's creepy and it grosses me out.

#9 pokgai

pokgai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

I don't think the korean actors actually look better after watching the series. I think that when you see how ugly NORMAL korean guys are in the series are, the famous actors look much better in comparison... :P Korean actresses on the other hand are pretty damn hot... :D

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:22 AM

Nah they're not ugly, its just that we are chinese and they're korean. Its like looking at an american from a honger point of view. were just different they're not ugly.

#11 smashy

smashy

eric sor jai

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:33 AM

Korean actors aint ugly at all, they just look different. the girls are good looking though, like Jeon Ji Hyun and Hyori Lee etc.

#12 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:42 AM

Most of them sure looks ugly. The only better looking ones are like Jung Dong Gan, Won Bin, etc.

#13 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:42 AM

Korean actors are plain looking and seldom good looking I don't know why so many females are so into them. Korean dramas/movies are the trend these days and I think they are all over-rated. Hopefully it will pass soon and we can get back to supporting hong kong productions.

#14 cowtown

cowtown

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

I think the reason why there are more hot korean actresses than hot korean actors is because the girls actually spend money and time doing plastic surgery.

However, i don't agree that all korean actors are ugly....lot's of gook-looking ones too.

#15 no0ne

no0ne

shinhwa angel

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

Korean actors are plain looking and seldom good looking I don't know why so many females are so into them. Korean dramas/movies are the trend these days and I think they are all over-rated. Hopefully it will pass soon and we can get back to supporting hong kong productions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont think korean actors are not good looking
they are
many of them
maybe because chinese have a different sense of handsomeness

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:21 AM

you've probably been only exposed to the ugly. i PERSONALLY think that Korea has the hottest actors out of all of asian media. yes, others my have their opinion, hence this is mine.

also everyone has a different definition of a hot person.

Edited by sylee, 25 April 2005 - 12:22 AM.

#17 JT*el

JT*el

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:10 PM

I NEVER LIKE KOREAN SHOWS AND THE GUYS IN IT! NEVER!!! Maybe i'm still ok with the guys but i think the story line for these stories sucks big time man!! just like the taiwan stories who cry cry cry and cry the hell out! crazy man!!

#18 *Skye*

*Skye*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

i've never watched korean dramas but there's this one guy, Bi (Rain), he is in dramas and also a singer. i think he's really cute (especially when he smiles)

#19 tian_shi

tian_shi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

well..when I first saw Rain...I thought he was JOLOGs- term used to mean tacky dresser, trying hard...but the more I saw of him, the better he gets..and now I take it all back--he's not JOLOGS he's just HOT...same thing happened with that guy in sassy and park yong ha...

#20 *Skye*

*Skye*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

jologs? hehehe so u're pinoy/pinay..like i said i've never watched him in korean dramas. is he a good actor?

#21 HazelNuit

HazelNuit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:43 PM

Well they're actors..they're not models I don't think they're required to be hot to act..but I think a lot of them are hot for ex:

Kwon Sang Woo, Kim Rae Won, Han Dong Gun..more but I have no idea what their names are..hehe.

#22 judyiscool

judyiscool

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:10 AM

i think thats true and also applied for movies as well. the girls usually look alright and for some reason the guys usually don't. except for bi :D he's so cool

#23 Hem

Hem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

Maybe people in Korea think the guys are handsome?

#24 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

well when i also 1st get in ...
i also think that way..
but no way..
haaha
those actors got their attraction part

#25 HeavenlyCharm

HeavenlyCharm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

Buuu, Jang Dong Gun is handsome! Ok, some of them look a bit girlish, don't like that.
Well K actor should immitate K actress, and do plastic surgery

#26 butoid

butoid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

what u think when koreans watch bobby au yeung. but to me bobby aint bad. hes cool. u get my drift?

#27 cannadreamer

cannadreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

Okay. Say that korean actors are ugly is kind of mean. But I'd have to admit the actresses are hotter. Anyway, as long as they can act is good enough.

#28 shindo_hikaru

shindo_hikaru

God of Cookery

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:54 AM

i don't agree i reckon they look pretty

#29 ncicjt4ever

ncicjt4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:31 AM

i think the reason why most korean actresses look hot is cux of plastic surgery almost all of them had it. korean actors.. u can't tell but i believe they have plastic surgery too, especialy the eye lid part cux i saw this one actor in the drama'attic cat' and man so noticable.. tat dude got a screwy plastic surgeon. oh actually the whole drama was full of 'not so pretty' ppl. i think the cutest would be the ones in endless love 1 and kim jae won! kim jae won is so cute and of course rain. he is amazingly hot!

#30 musicman1000

musicman1000

Member X

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

wow i totally agree w/ what you said abougt all koreans actors are ugly. Most of them are especially there eyes which makes it worst. most korean guys look too old or too weird and ackward, dosen't stand out nothin unique. The only okay actor that stands out in a crowd would probabaly be the guy that looks like Takuya Himura, i think his name is Won Bin. But I think the korean actresses look hot as hell though, it might be true some have plastic surgery, but like what Wayo Wong said in War of Genders "as long as they do a good surgery and make everything look nice and natrual, who care". LOL
P.S this also might be a bias opinion in my part, to since i'm a guy. : )

Edited by musicman1000, 30 June 2005 - 08:52 AM.

#31 711

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

won bin and kwon sang woo is pretty good looooooking and dey dont ahve surgery

#32 princessD

princessD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:13 AM

actually because almost 99% of the female actresses has plastic surgery, and i guess the males dont do much of that. i do agree that most of the male actors look very very ordinary and some even UGLY. and it's kinda gross when u see them paired up with pretty females. ah, whatever. the only female korean actress i know who hasn't has any surgery done (natural beauty) is ah, whas the name. lee young ae. she looks like a modern day snow white.

#33 tian_shi

tian_shi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:43 AM

I think that females get plastic surgery to make their eyes look bigger 'because that's beautiful for them...Yeah, I have to agree that the actress in attic cat is ugly...I mean it... and I used to think that Kim Jung Eun was ugly when I first saw her but when she has make-up on she looks alright but I heard she got plastic surgery.

#34 XxMoOmOoxX

XxMoOmOoxX

~_~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:12 AM

are we only talk bout guys? because u said actors...but anyways...a lot of u said the korean grls were hot...but i heard most of them got surgery...well i guess those r just rumours...but most of the guys r not that hot/cute...their eyes r so small but some guys with small eyes r cute...but most of them r not..

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

korean actors are hot..
taiwan actors are WAY uglier!

#36 maboroshi

maboroshi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

i find korean actors really good looking... well atleast better looking than most of the taiwanese ones imo...

#37 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:40 AM

haha i think most of the guys are goodlooking and same with the girls. isn't there a lot of plastic surgery in Korea? anyways, my mom said they really choose for the best in acting...so there are lots of competition. in taiwan...it doesn't really matter...that's why some of them SUCK SO MUCH. lol.

#38 aznbaybii

aznbaybii

*YEAH BABY!!!*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:12 PM

OMG!!! I KNO! BUT DA 1 FWM stairway to heaven IS SO UGLII [i am taLkin bout da brother btw] LYK OMG!!! I want`dd tOOh punch hiim!!! lyk deii are fuLL of plastiC..!! yet dey aree shOo uGlii!! uRRghhhh!!!

#39 Hard drive

Hard drive

Spam Hater

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

OMG!!! I KNO! BUT DA 1 FWM stairway to heaven IS SO UGLII [i am taLkin bout da brother btw] LYK OMG!!! I want`dd tOOh punch hiim!!! lyk deii are fuLL of plastiC..!! yet dey aree shOo uGlii!! uRRghhhh!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're talking about Kwon Sang Woo?

korean actors are hot..
taiwan actors are WAY uglier!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feh! <_<

#40 Leaf671

Leaf671

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:40 AM

well the guys dont really have surgery but the GIRLS Do so you cant blame the guys for being uglier