• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Kevin Cheng Earned Enough in Mainland Time to Reduce Productions
Thursday October 31, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

Last night Kevin Cheng, Eric Tsang and Sheren Tang attended watsons' HWB Awards 2013. In regards to the rumor that TVB is implementing a new policy to get all of their artists whom are working in Mainland back to shoot TVB series? Kevin believed TVB won't block their artists from shooting TV series elsewhere. When speaking of reducing his productions? Kevin said: "There has to be a balance. Not everything is about money, TVB artists should fulfill their responsibilities too. I personally still have a long contract with TVB. This year I've completed 7 series in Mainland and should reduce my productions." It was rumored Moses Chan and Tavia Yeung are following their manager to leave TVB? He said they could change the way they collaborate. He disclosed he is currently busy preparing for his new album: "I've delayed EEG too long, if my album doesn't launch, then my contract is going to end."

#882 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

Kevin Cheng denies reconciliation rumour
Sunday November 17, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-012000057.html

Posted Image

Actor Kevin Cheng has recently dismissed rumours of reconciliation with former girlfriend, Charmaine Sheh.

Previously, it was reported that the former couple, who met while filming "Forensic Heroes 2" back in 2008 and called it quits four years ago, has rekindled their romance since September.

Though they have remained good friends since their breakup, sources claimed that Kevin has decided to pursue Charmaine again after realising that the 38-year-old actress still cares for him.

It was also rumoured that the two of them have been offered a large sum to appear together at a Christmas light-up event, after they appeared hand-in-hand at the TVB Presentation event last week, which drove the media into a frenzy.

However, while speaking to the media on 14 November, Kevin denied having reconciled with Charmaine.

"This is highly amusing rumour, but sadly it's not true."

#883 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Kevin Cheng's New Song "Its A Long Story" About Love Experiences
Wednesday November 20, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

In the past year, Kevin Cheng had been busy filming in Mainland. He joined EEG two years ago and just had the time recently to launch his new album. It was rumored EEG was displeased by Kevin's delay after delay, but he quickly held a press conference to patch up the relationship. Yesterday Kevin held the HK press conference for his new Mandarin EP Its A Long Story (說來話長). Kevin admitted because he had been too busy filming, he didn't have enough time to launch a full studio album, thus he launched an EP instead. He said: "I signed with EEG two years ago, I really feel sorry. After all, we are on good terms and the collaboration had been going smoothly."

EEG executive Ng Yue and TVB executive Virgina Lok were there to support him. Ng Yue gave Kevin expensive Ginseng to celebrate with him. For the album cover shooting, Kevin decided to do the photo shoot in Taiwan, the place where he felt most disappointed in life. It was said due to the lack of resources, Kevin had to rely on his wealthy female cousin to assist in the Taiwan shooting. Kevin said: "Do I not have money now? I don't need to rely on anyone. I cannot control lack of resources. As an amateur, my cousin has high expectations."

Also, Kevin's new song Its A Long Story is about his experience on love. Asked if he sang about ex-girlfriends Niki Chow and Charmaine Sheh in the song? He laughed: "I won't tell you. (Fear they might think you're talking about them?) That's exactly why I decided to rearrange the song." As to the rumor that Charmaine expressed she wanted to get back together via SMS? Kevin said: "The first time was already fabricated. She didn't send me a SMS. We are still friends, I just found out about her injury and I did ask if she was ok."

#884 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Kevin Cheng aplogizes for album delay
Friday November 22, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-073900561.html

Posted Image

Two years after joining EEG, Kevin Cheng finally released his Mandarin single, QQ website reported.

Aptly named "It's A Long Story", the singer-actor revealed that the song is about his experience in love, but laughed when asked if the song was about ex-girlfriends Charmaine Sheh and Niki Chow.

At the press conference that was held on 20 November, which was also attended by EEG Executive Ng Yue and TVB's Virginia Lok, Kevin revealed that he had been busy filming in Mainland after he joined EEG, which left him no time to record an album.

It was rumoured that the record label was also displeased that Kevin had been delaying his album for such a long time, which prompted the actor to finally release the song.

To this, Kevin expressed, "I didn't have time to come up with a full album, so I decided to release an EP instead. I signed with EEG two years ago, and I feel really sorry that I delayed it for quite a while. But we are on good terms and the collaboration has gone smoothly."

He also revealed that his cover album was shot in Taiwan, the place which he revealed to be where he experienced the most disappointment in his life.

When asked to confirm the rumours that he relied on his wealthy female cousin to fund his cover shoot in Taiwan, Kevin said, "Do I look like I have no money? I don't need to rely on anyone."

#885 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

Kevin Cheng: There's A Chance with Charmaine Sheh, The Future Is Unpredictable
Monday November 25, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Sina Entertainment

Posted Image

In the acting world, Kevin Cheng had always played some kind of profound character and in real life, he's dubbed as the "Playboy Eight Brother". Charmaine Sheh, Niki Chow, Myolie Wu, Sheren Tang, Selena Li and Sharon Chan are all on the list of Kevin's rumored girlfriends. Just like how he sang in his new song: "If I could go back to 1990, I definitely won't be as playful and would be responsible for every word I say." Do you know how deep his love injury was? Its been 20 years since Kevin been in the industry, his newest song Its A Long Story brings him back into the music industry as a singer and to commemorate the most hurtful romance he had. Last year, the 43 year old actor was actively filming 5 dramas nonstop in Mainland, but he hoped he'll have some time to really engage in a relationship. As for the recent rumors that he and Charmaine Sheh reconciled? He said they are just friends, but "we keep in touch, the future is unpredictable."

A Couple At the Wrong Time

Reporter: It is known to public that Its A Long Story documents a romance you had when you were younger? You also participated in producing this song, did you have a lot you want to say?

Kevin: I regard this song as an important memory for my 20th anniversary in this industry and I hope it can become my representative work in music. The song holds a record of a relationship I had when I was younger. In short, it is a couple at the wrong time.

Reporter: Why did you think that was the wrong time?

Kevin: Too many factors, mainly because of my career. At the time, I was young and naive, there was too many things I didn't understand. My first job was a singer and I didn't have any life experiences, I was just too thin.

Reporter: You made a special trip to Taiwan to film the MV for this song, what's the story behind it?

Kevin: Because my time in Taiwan was the most unhappy period of my life. In the MV, I visit an antique camera store with a deep desire to find my memories from 20 years ago, but at present time, there are many things that are no turning back. In the 1997 financial crisis, I was about to launch my second album, but my record company kept delaying it. I was at home waiting every day and basically had no income. I even used up all my savings I previously had while I worked in HK. Later I had to ask my family to help me financially.

Reporter: At the time, did you think of changing professions?

Kevin: No. At the time I just wanted to be a singer. I was waiting for my album to release, every day I waited at my company for good news. I had no interest in acting at all. I depended on cooking, reading and watching TV to kill time.

Reporter: Have you ever been in a relationship?

Kevin: Yes, just that one.

Reporter: So, she was the one who was by your side during your down time. The break up must have been painful. Do you regret the decision you made?

Kevin: Everyone gets hurt in a break up, but I have never regretted my decision. Life is just like that, there is nothing to regret. She's currently married and living a happy life. We still keep in touch. I also had dinner with her husband before. I think this is good, when you truly love someone, you hope they find their happiness.

Just Friends with Charmaine Sheh

Reporter: If you encounter a girl you like, will you take initiative to pursue her?

Kevin: Of course, I will, but I also have to see if she's interested. I choose people, people also choose me. However, I honestly do hope the media could give me some space because we have to get to know each other, otherwise we won't even get pass the first step.

Reporter: Have filmed in Mainland for so long, there isn't one that you were interested in?

Kevin: They all have boyfriends. My home is in Hong Kong, so I hope to find a girlfriend in Hong Kong.

Reporter: Recently there were rumors that you and Charmaine Sheh reconciled?

Kevin: I can only say again, we did not reconcile. We are just friends. We do keep in touch. Whatever happens in the future, I cannot say, but I can say never say never because the future is unpredictable. Anything can happen.

Hope to get a Comedic Role

Reporter: What plans do you have coming up?

Kevin: I'll be back at TVB for a new modern series. (Is it an anniversary series?) Not considered one, I rarely participate in anniversary series and that's not important. Anniversary series may not be the best either, just like this year's best series Triumph in the Skies II isn't an [anniversary series].

Reporter: After working in Mainland, what types of roles do you have interest on now?

Kevin: TVB has never given me a comedy series, I made Ghetto Justice's "Law Ba" into a comedy. Actually, the original series wasn't considered a comedy. I long for a comedic role in the future.

#886 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

Kevin Cheng Kicks Away HK$19 million with One Leg
Friday December 27, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image

44 year old Kevin Cheng ditched his 'good boy' image earlier in the popular Mainland drama Startling Step by Step, then switched to the 'martial arts' image in TVB series Gloves Come Off and/ in Mainland drama Ip Man. As he became more and more popular, his salary went on a triple jump. This year he was ranked 48 on Forbes China's Top 100 Celebrities List.

However, behind the popularity comes with injuries all over the body. Last year Kevin injured his right eye while shooting Ip Man and ended up with 10 stitches. In the past year due to his previous leg injury, he had trouble kneeling and walking down the stairs. Earlier he had major pain in his waist due to a shift in his cervical vertebra. To treat his injuries, Kevin went to see well known Chinese medicine doctor Dr. Law Ying Cheung. International stars Chow Yun Fat and Alan Tam sees this doctor as well.

Despite all the injuries, Kevin is still a busy man. It was understood a Mainland company is interested in casting him in an action-filled drama next month. Because of his leg injuries, Kevin is still considering whether to accept it or not. If he decides to turn it down, then he'll end up losing nearly 15 million RMB (~HK$19.2 million). What a pity! Yesterday Kevin responded like a tough guy: "Thank you all for the concern. I'm fine. Thanks! (Will your condition affect your work?) I still have a lot of scripts to look over, not sure what to accept yet. I won't let my injuries affect my work. Actually its not a big deal, I've been filming for so many years, its just injuries that I've accumulated over the years. Sometimes I have to do physical therapy, and my bones might shift from time to time, but lately I had some time so decided to go get some therapy done. Its not a big deal." It was understood, Kevin will back at TVB in April to shoot a police-action series.

#887 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Kevin Cheng to star in a new film
Sunday March 16, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-080200880.html

Posted Image

Rumours are rife that TVB actor Kevin Cheng will be starring in a new movie in near future.

As reported on HK Channel, on the afternoon of 11 March, the 44-year-old actor was spotted meeting with Hong Kong actor and director Alfred Cheung at a cafe in Causeway Bay.

Since the actor is back in Hong Kong to film his new TVB series and may be staying longer due to his physiotherapy, speculations arise that he may be in discussions to star in a new movie, to be helmed by the "Manhattan Midnight" director.

However, when approached by reporters to ask about his meeting with Alfred, Kevin only smiled and said, "Hope everyone is in good health!"

Meanwhile, Kevin will begin filming his new series, "Eye In The Sky" in May.

#888 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Kevin Cheng "wired Up" to sell fried chicken
Thursday April 10, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun
Translated by: R.E.D@http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Kevin Cheng has been busy doing a commercial for fast food chain KFC recently. He posed as 007 and got himself all "wired up" for the filming. " Within a day, I tried different pose, I hope the film directors recognize my skill and invite me to do motion pictures, like being a spy with beautiful women and nice cars!" He also added that he wants to be 千頌伊 aka Jeon Ji Hyun's double, who can change in 30 seconds, and attract people to eat fried chicken.

#889 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,833 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

Kevin Cheng delaying action scenes due to injury
Thursday April 17, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-054500538.html

Posted Image

Returning to TVB for his new series, "Eye in the Sky", it was revealed that Kevin Cheng will have to delay his action scenes due to the nature of his leg injury.

According to Mingpao, the actor who is still nursing his leg after several filming accidents was recently informed that his torn ligament might be more severe than he had expected.

"I did not think it was that bad," said Kevin, who first injured his right leg during the filming of "Under the Canopy of Love" in 2005, and aggravated his condition through several other injuries along the way. "But it turns out that the injury is more serious. My foot would swell like a watermelon whenever I overexert myself. The doctors said that I will have to go on rehab for two months to heal."

Kevin revealed that TVB has decided to delay his action scenes for the new series after being told about his condition, saying, "I will not have a lot of action scenes in the first month."

"I have yet to receive the script, so I don't really know how many action scenes I would have to do. But since it's a crime drama, I expect a lot of gun fights and chase scenes," he added.

"Eye in the Sky" will begin filming in May and also stars Ruco Chan and Tavia Yeung.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users