AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[HEALTH]Put lotion on while ur body still wet....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 SushiLuv

SushiLuv

~* EndLess Luv *~

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:48 AM

i put body lotion on right after shower.....when my body is still wet....i know it sounds a bit disgusting but ya ^_^' i do that all the time.....i think ur body will absorb better that way.....

anyone doing the same thing as me?? :noclue

#2 Starcandi3z

Starcandi3z

ronn-knee rox =D; ronnknee[dot]com

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:18 AM

I've not tried that before. Well I kinda did once when I was in a hurry, but then the water just takes the lotion everywhere and it felt slimy. Sometimes the water in my hair does the same thing, so I always dry everything up before putting any moisturizers, lotions... w/e.. etc. on. :)

#3 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:21 AM

I wouldn't if I were you.. Messy stuff~ Plus, it only takes like a couple of seconds to dry your body with a towel.. lol

#4 calypsokpl

calypsokpl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:23 AM

Yes - if you read those fitness/health/beauty magazines, they tell you to get the most out of moisturizing, that you should put it on when your skin is stillw et after shower. The reason being is that your pores are open and it will absorb better. When your skin is dry the pores close therefore the lotion doesn't penetrate as well.

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:32 AM

Sometimes when I'm in a hurry to step outta the house , but usually rather after drying my body

Edited by mv_288, 11 May 2009 - 12:51 AM.
quoting TS

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:35 AM

i try to because i believe what you say but sometimes i forget and then do it later when i noticed that my skin is dry. stupid huh?

#7 kyokofukada8888

kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:09 AM

i only do that if im like in a biggg rush

but i think it aborbs better too not sure though

#8 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

it feels like u have soap on u when u put lotion on ur body when it is still wet doesn't it?

#9 2002 X5

2002 X5

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:14 AM

I put on lotion after shower. But I pat dry my body first. I know what you're talking about so the moisture would stay in your skin. But don't know when you're still have wet skin though.

#10 arevl

arevl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:33 AM

Yes most beauty magazines advice you to put on your lotion while your body is not wet but relatively moist. I mean, definitely not the dripping wet kinda because it definitely won't go in your pores.

I think the best is to give your body a quick wipe with your towel, it doesn't have to be totally dry and put your lotion on.

Frankly speaking, I don't like putting lotion on while my body is wet cause its messy.

Those who don't put lotion should do so. Its always good to moisturize! :)

#11 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:40 AM

different people have different preference...I like mine not greasy/slimy so i put it on after i dry off; same as hand lotion la. I keep thinking that if put it on when is still wet than the lotion would just wash off haha

#12 _hello_

_hello_

Hello, world!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:01 AM

i tried it once, and the lotion was all watery and runny...i didn't like the feel of it, so i never did it again.

#13 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

its kinda hard to put lotion on when your body is wet because its all wet. When i put lotion on, i try to get it so that it goes on and disappears, but with water its so hard to do that and its like all watery and weird.

#14 kamii

kamii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

i put lotionS on when i get out of the shower.....like right away. I dry myself off and then start rubbing the stuff into my face and neck. I don't really care about arms and stuff they are never dry or anything......just the eczema on my face that gets really out of control >_<.

But ur not spose to put lotion on when ur dripping wet! U put it on after u completely dry urself, but ur skin pores will still be open for a few minutes so don't worry, doesn't hav to be instant! And after u dry urself ur skin is still kinda damp unless u rub at it like really roughly, this is the ideal time to put on lotion. Not when ur like dripping wet! LOL

#15 mmitsjojo

mmitsjojo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:02 PM

ew i dont do that , i put on lotion when my body is all dried because its so slimey because like when i shower i still feel the slimey lotion coming off and it feels so disgusting and ughs >;[

#16 habukie

habukie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

^^i agree with the above posts about magazines telling you to apply lotion while your skin is still moist. and i believe the reason is so that you can retain the moisture so your skin won't get really dry. (not too sure about the pore thing. i mean, you don't really want lotion in your pores.)

anyways, the problem is that different people have different skin types and lotions aren't all the same. so what might feel good to one person would feel incredible slimy or icky to another. i'm one of the latter. :)

#17 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:55 AM

the water is suffocate your body? :blink:
Your pore opens because your body want to breath? :huh:

#18 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:10 AM

You should do that it's not gross or anything. Cause it absorbs faster if you do that! Make sure you put it on wthin 3 min after you wash your face or body, it's better that way.

#19 ippy327

ippy327

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:13 AM

Actually I do that every night... :lol?: well I use this really creamy lotion, so my body is actually creamy and not slimy like some have said..I think it works really well, because my body is baby soft afterwards...the lotion I use is Johnson's Bedtime Lotions...it smells really good ^_^'

#20 zxe

zxe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

well..i prefer to pat dry before applying body lotion. do that twice a day becos i shower twice a day..cost me a fortune buying body lotion but what can u do if yr skin tends to be dry

#21 jadeforever

jadeforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

I put lotion on after I dried my self after a shower. I am currently trying "olay's moisturinse body lotion in the shower." It is like conditioner for your body. YOu would continue to use your soap to wash your body then after that you would use the moisturinse on your body and rinse it off. It supposelingy feel like lotion and make your body feel softer. The Bath and Body shop sells this stuff too and smells better but more expensive for a bottle.

#22 cuti_pie75

cuti_pie75

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:20 AM

Yeah usually i put lotion right after i dry my body after showering. That way your pores are still opened and that lets the lotion droplets to be absorbed more easily.