Koreanovelas in the Philippines

127 replies to this topic

#1 Da A

meTeoR dreaMers

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:26 AM

Want to know the ratings of your favorite Korean dramas in the Philippines for the first week of March? Well, here they are:

Ratings of Korean dramas in the Phil. (March 3-7):

Mar. 3 / Thurs.

* Full House (37.3) vs. Save The Last Dance {a.k.a. The Last Dance Is With Me---ed.} (30.9)
* Stairway To Heaven (43.8) vs. Till Death Do Us Part {Phil. drama---ed.} (18.2)

Mar. 4 / Fri.

* Full House (40.3) vs. Save The Last Dance (28.0)
* Stairway To Heaven (40.0) vs. Till Death Do Us Part (19.0)

Mar. 5 / Sat.

* Autumn In My Heart - Rewind (17.0) vs. Lovers In Paris - Rewind (12.5)

Mar. 6 / Sun.

* Autumn In My Heart - Rewind (14.2) vs. Lovers In Paris - Rewind (10.0)

Mar. 7 / Mon.

* Full House (41.8) vs. Save The Last Dance (29.2)
* Stairway To Heaven (39.0) vs. Till Death Do Us Part (17.6)

Source: BALITA
Pelikula Atbp. section, p.7
Thursday, March 10, 2005

Transcribed by: Da A of starkoreans

Filipino to English translations by: Da A of starkoreans

#2 babypink_jhoan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:10 PM

i dont believe on the ratings posted on tabloids because their not credible.... but anyway i admit til' death do as part is a major fLop...

Edited by babypink_jhoan, 11 March 2005 - 04:11 PM.

#3 no0ne

shinhwa angel

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:04 AM

march 28,2005- march 29,2005

glass shoes - 15.7%,17.1%
sb1-8.7%,7.8

full house - 45.3%,45.9%
krystala - 22.2%

stairway - 39.6%,38.5%
save the last dance - 26.5%,23.5

march 30
glass shoes - 15.9%
b1-7.9%

full house - 47.4%,
krystala - 19.7%

stairway - 40.1%
save the last dance - 27.1%

agb philippines

#4 ~^_^~BuNbUn~^_^~

™DeCaPiTaTeD §iLhOuEtTe™

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

I therefore conclude, that GMA is really good in choosing koreanovelas!! No matter what show ABS-CBN contend for FULLHOUSE, its ratings won't change... But Memories of Bali is good...

#5 babypink_jhoan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:33 PM

kennycharlene, on Apr 16 2005 1 35 PM, said:

I therefore conclude, that GMA is really good in choosing koreanovelas!! No matter what show ABS-CBN contend for FULLHOUSE, its ratings won't change... But Memories of Bali is good...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree GMa is good in choosing koreanovelas than ABS thats bcoz ABs favours our own...

• Guests

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:29 PM

.....whatever you people will say.... for me, memories of bali and stained glass rocks!! they are good though the ending of those suck like those endings of endless love series and staiway to heaven...blah, blah, blha.... but whatever you will say... for me, i am an abs-cbn fan and nothing can ever beat save the last dance....... kim eugene is so so so damn pretty, she always makes me smile... :worship

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:09 AM

MEMORIES OF BALI is reallY niCe ....bUt 'd enDing sUcks!***

Posted Image

IBA MAGMAHAL ANG KAPAMILYA!!!

>>> http://www.abs-cbn.com/ <<<

Edited by Yneeuq, 30 April 2005 - 05:02 AM.

#8 tian_shi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

I'm partial...abs-cbn have good dubbers but GMA has better program acquisition these days with Fullhouse and All About Eve vs. Memories of Bali and Stained Glass... But save the last dance is one of the best!!--stained glass is ok but i haven't started it so I'm quite lost

#9 Da A

meTeoR dreaMers

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:12 AM

A KOREAN INVASION ON TV
By Nestor Cuartero

Try remembering these names. If you can't, at least make an effort to pronounce them correctly.

Kwon Sang-woo, Choi Ji-woo, Shin Hyun-joon, Kim Tae-hee, Jung Jee Hun, Song Hye Kyo. They are the new superstars of soap who rule the airwaves night after night on primetime TV.

An ongoing Korean invasion is taking over Philippine television's drama department. The leading networks are fighting tooth and nail acquiring the highest-rating tele-dramas from Seoul following the smashing success enjoyed by soap operas from that capital in the Philippines.

Our household is no exception. The wife was the first to discover the charm of those tele-novelas from Korea. She was quickly joined by the maid and, with the closure of school, by our 10-year old girl. It all started with a melodramatic series called Endless Love, which came in three chapters that ran late into the night.

The huge success, ratings-wise, of the seemingly endless series triggered the Korean invasion. Greater armament came in the form of succeeding dramas like Stairway to Heaven, Full House, Lovers in Paris, Save the Last Dance for Me, Irene. Fresh on air are the following tearjerkers: All About Eve on GMA, Memories of Bali and Stained Glass on ABS-CBN.

Korean tele-novelas have become so popular that they have unseated locally made soap operas from their timeslot and sent Filipino actors out of jobs. GMA-7 for instance used to run three local dramas a night. Now, they are down to just one, Darna. ABS-CBN has followed suit with two Koreanovelas airing one after the other late into the night.

Followers of those Korean dramas note the striking similarities between their stories and ours given the common cultural thread that binds Asians. The tales they tell are not new to us. They are usually about siblings separated at birth, half-sisters growing up together but who end up as rivals, lovers blocked by differences in social status, a young couple forced to enter a marriage of convenience.

In whatever situation, the Asian experience boils down to an explosion of emotions. Kwon Sang-woo, the male character in Stairway, for instance, shed buckets of tears almost every night. He was very good at it. The lead character in Irene was a martyr in the Filipino sense. She was always suffering, always forgiving.

These elements are probably what endear Filipino audiences to Koreanovelas. Aside from the novelty of watching new face at work, Koreanovelas transport local audiences to other lands, places they can only imagine or read about. Never has the Korean landscape - even in winter - looked so attractive and so inviting than when those tele-novelas started rolling out the red carpet, so to speak. Korea must be enjoying a boom in tourism from our end, thanks to their sappy, melancholic teleplays.

Perhaps, the best thing that can be said about Koreanovelas is the absence of sex and violence in their presentations. Bold themes are explored, for sure, such as perceived incest, but nowhere can you spot excesses in scenery and language, which is always devoid of vulgarity. Values, not social virtues, are spread. Good manners and right conduct are upheld, including respect for women.

Out of respect for Korean society, which has remained conservative despite the modern age, kissing scenes are seldom played up unless absolutely necessary. This is because kissing in public is not as common in Korea as it is in other countries. The Korean website on film and culture says: 'In many of the older dramas, when a couple kisses, it usually means the relationship is very serious and will likely lead to marriage.'

Throughout the long run of Stairway to Heaven, for instance, Cholo refrained from kissing Jody on the lips except towards the ending when mixed feelings of grief and great love overtook him. Jody was dying of cancer.

Unlike Jody, however, the days of Koreanovelas are far from over. Butch Raquel of GMA says the consistently high ratings enjoyed by those teledramas can only mean that the fad will be here for a while yet.

On its final week of airing, Stairway to Heaven recorded an amazing 39 per cent rating. On the same week, Full House, which has a combination comedy-drama format, scored an even higher rating with 52 per cent, said to be the highest rating ever enjoyed by an Asian series.

What's more, the premiere of All About Eve in early April was greeted with a 39 per cent audience share, according to Raquel. On the other hand, ABS-CBN refused to release the ratings of their own Koreanovelas, which one presumed are just as impressive. A listing of the overall Top 15 programs made by Nielsen Media Phils. for the period January to March, however, revealed that Save the Last Dance for Me (ABS-CBN 2) fetched a 27 per cent rating on the average.

Cost-wise, Koreanovelas are also a cheaper in for the networks. The purchase cost of a tele-novela is equivalent to a mere one fourth the cost of a locally made drama series, according to Raquel. Yet, advertising-wise, the cost per spot is the same, he adds.

Given this scenario, expect more Korea light dramas on the tube. They are everything a network can ever dream of. They are sourced inexpensively, are instant hits with a predominantly melodramatic audience, and on top of these, they sell at expensive ad rates. So, what's to stop the Korean invasion from flourishing forevermore?

(email me at nescuar@yahoo.com)

Source: PHILIPPINE PANORAMA
pages 16 - 17
Sunday, May 1, 2005

Transcribed by: Da A of starkoreans

Edited by Da A, 01 May 2005 - 07:19 AM.

#10 tian_shi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:17 AM

I couldn't agree more! why would they put karylle in the lead?? I don't think she's that good...and so does angel locsin, she still needs a lot of improvement but she's pretty...

• Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:55 AM

spotneck, on Apr 30 2005 8 12 AM, said:

I'm partial...abs-cbn have good dubbers but GMA has better program acquisition these days with Fullhouse and All About Eve vs. Memories of Bali and Stained Glass... But save the last dance is one of the best!!--stained glass is ok but i haven't started it so I'm quite lost

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i couldn't argue with you...! save the last dance is the best and abs-cbn's coming ones are quite interesting plus, those have power cast... kampanerang kuba, which will star anne curtis...jean garcia, eula valdez, jodi sta. maria, patrick garcia..etc and the other one (i forgot the tiltle)...which will star bea alonzo, john lloyd cruz, claudine, angalika dela cruz, diether and shaina... wouldn't you agree that the casts and the lead stars are really good?? a must see right...hehehe... karylle sucks and yiiii ....

#12 tian_shi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:46 AM

can't wait to see christian bautista act...he's supposed to have done theaters so maybe we're in for a little surprise and I liked anne now better than heart..I agree with you about karylle..they should have just sticked with the tanya and dingdong tandem because they look better physically and i think their old soap did better..I forgot the title of that soap but it enjoyed good ratings...

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:14 AM

....save the last dance is the best koreanovela for me...happy ending... so pretty kim eugene (prettiest korean girl for me) and the storyline is not boring, a fast-pace one and their love is everything that one would ever dream of having.... forget about ratings... gma is so full of s**t...!! move over staiway to hell..! choi ji woo's voice is like abnormal... never mind kim tae hee, she is a pretty villainess... song hye gyo is pretty but she's pretty boring!! choi ji woo is already old...and she has a tanga face!! kim eugene is a fresh one and she's just starting in the business cos she is a singer before she becane an actress.... abs-cbn rulezzz... ratings?? puh! forget it..!!!

remember these names...: kim eugene (save the last dance), jo in sung (memories of bali), so ji sub (memories of bali), ji sung (save the last dance), lee dong gun (stained glass ; lovers in paris).... pretty and handsome and sooo good in acting...!!! makes my heart beat faster... :worship :iloveyou:

#14 Guest_Guest_kristian_*_*

• Guests

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

here is another article written in a philippine magazine about korean dramas... just wanna share...

a korean invasion
by nestor cuartero in philippine panorama

try remembering these names. if you can't, at least an effort to pronounce them correctly.

kwon sang woo, choi ji woo, shin hyun joon, kim tae hee, jung jee hun, song hye kyo. they are the new superstars of soap who rule the airwaves night after night on primetime tv.

an ongoing korean invasion is taking over philippine television's drama department. the leading networks are fighting tooth and nail acquiring the highest rating teledramas from seoul following the smashing success enjoyed by soap operas from that capital in the philippines.

our household is no exception. the wife was the first to discover the charm of those telenovelas from korea. she was quickly joined by the maid and with the closure of school, by our 10 year old girl. it all started with a melodramatic series called endless love (autumn in my heart, winter sonata and summer scent), which came in three chapters that ran late into the night.

the huge success, rating-wise, of the seemingly endless series triggered the korean invasion. greater armament came in the form of succeeding dramas like stairway to heaven, full house, lovers in paris, save the last dance for me, irene (mermaid something ???). fresh on air are the following tearjerkers: all about ever on gma and memories of bali and stained glass on abscbn.

korean telenovelas have become so popular that they have unseated locally made soap operas from their timeslot and sent filipino actors out of jobs. gma7 for instance used to run three local dramas a night. now, they are down to just one. abscbn has followed suit with two koreanovelas airing one after the other late into the night.

followers of those korean dramas note the striking similarities between their stories and ours given the common cultural thread that binds asians. the tales they tell are not new to us. they are usually about siblings separated at birth, half-sisters growing up together but who end up as rivals, lovers blocked by differences in social status, a young couple forced to enter a marriage of convenience.

in whatever situation, the asian experience boils down to an explosion of emotions. kwon sang woo, the male character in stairway, for instance, shed buckets of tears almost every night. he was very good at it. the lead character in irene was a martyr in the filipino sense. she was always suffering, always forgiving.

these elements are probably what endear filipino audiences to koreanovelas. aside from the novelty of watching nes faces at work, koreanovelas trasnport local audiences to other lands, places they can only imagine or read about. never has the korean landscape - even in winter - looked so attractive and so inviting than when those telenovelas started rolling out the red carpet, so to speak. korea must be enjoying a boom in tourism from our end, thanks to their sappy, melancholic teleplays.

perhaps, the best thing that can be said about koreanovelas is the absence of sex and violence in their presentations. bold themes are explored, for sure, such as perceived incest, but nowhere can you spot excesses in scenery and language, which is always devoid of vulgarity. values, not social viruses, are spread. good manners and right conduc are upheld, including respect for women.

out of respect to korean society, which has remained conservative despite the modern age, kissing scenes are seldom played up unless absolutely necessary. this is because kissing in public is not as common in korea as iti is other countries. the korean website on film and culture says: 'In many of the older dramas, when a couple kisses, it usually means the relationship is very serious and will likely lead to marriage'.

throughout the long run of stairway to heaven, for instance, cholo (kwon sang woo) refrained from kissing jody (choi ji woo) on the lips except towards the ending when mixed feelings of grief and great love overtook him. jody was dying of cancer.

unlike jody, however, the days of koreanovelas are far from over. butch raquel of gma says the consistently high ratings enjoyed by those teledramas can only mean that the fad will be here for a while yet.

on its final week of airing, stairway to heaven recorded an amazing 39 per cent rating. on the same week, full house, which has a combination comedy-drama format, scored an even higher rating with 52 per cent, said to be the highest rating ever enjoyed by an asian series.

what's more, the premiere of all baout eve in april was greeted with a 39 per cent audience share, according to raquel. on the other hand, abscbn refused to release ratings of their own koreanovelas, which one presumed are just as impressive. a listing of the overall top 15 programs made by nielsen media phils for the period of january to march, however, revealed that save the last dance for me (abscbn2) fetched a 27 per cent rating on the average.

cost-wise, koreanovelas are also cheaper in investment for the networks. the purchase cost of telenovela is equivalent to a mere one fourth the cost of locally made drama series, according to raquel. yet, advertising-wise, the cost per spot is the same, he adds.

given this scenario, expect more korean light dramas on the tube. they are everything a network can ever dream of. they are sourced inexpensively, are instant hits with predominantly melodramatic audience, and on top of these, they sell at expensive ad rates. so, what's to stop the korean invasion from flourishing forevermore?

#15 keylin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

Hi!

Do you know if they are going to air The Jewel in the Palace in Filipin. It's a megahit at almost every country it is broadcasted.

• Guests

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

that's not bad! i'm so in love with korean series and movies. besides, i heard Pangako Sa'yo was a really big hit in other countries!

• Guests

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

lol korean dramas are a big hit everywhere! dang... ppl get addicted to those! my roommates are so addicted to stairway to heaven right now.... lol
woot woot for korean dramas!

• Guests

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:56 AM

The RATINGs u show'd is NOT TRUE! lol.... GMA7 leads
only on Metro manila but ABS-CBN is #1 NATIONWIDE
&in ABROAD! the highest rating is METEOR GARDEN of course!
the dubbers of GMA7 is not good but ABS-CBN is very2 GOOD!

ABS-CBN IS THE BEST NOTHING COMPARES!

#19 aznzero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

Korean dramas are the biggest thing right now, but who knows how long it will last but until they area crappy like that ever happen then i will always watch it and plus there beatiful grls

• Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:10 AM

though ive been a kapamilya eversince i could remember, i must admit that GMA's korean series are better. i was able to watch the first few epsiodes of save the last dance but i kind of switch when GMA started airing full house.. hehe! i also love autumn in my heart and all about eve....

#21 conThanh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:09 AM

yea, the rating is simliar to other rating around the world I think. I still think Save the Last Dance is the best out of all the series though. Lolz.

#22 Aru-chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:27 AM

Speaking of GMA 7 picking the better Korean series over ABS-CBN and getting the better ratings, I heard that GMA 7 would soon be airing A Sad Love Story.

Aish. Kwon Sang Woo?! I don't think ABS-CBN has a chance in hell... :blush

• Guests

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:31 AM

keylin, on May 9 2005 11 18 PM, said:

Hi!

Do you know if they are going to air The Jewel in the Palace in Filipin. It's a megahit at almost every country it is broadcasted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GMA used to show a teaser of this series, dunno what happened.
i heard it has like 70 episodes or something! wonder if filipinos would like this one...

anyway, does anyone know if 'love story in harvard' would be shown here?
my brother told me it'll be aired by GMA this sept but i highly doubt it. dunno if he was just messing with me since he knows im crazy over this series! hehe! :D im hoping ABS would get it though.......

#24 Guest_minicanimonico_*

• Guests

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

i wish they would show it here-- ive read that its really nice...wait...where can you buy korean movies here in the philippines..(manila)like IL MARE, DAISY,MY BOYFRIEND IS TYPE B..the lead actress is jun ji hyun for il mare and daisy and for my boyfriend is type b its han ji ye and lee dong gun..pls?!ive watched some korean movies and i think its really nice and funny...pls....i need to know...where &how can i buy it with a cheaper price...pls..post it early.... :blush

#25 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:07 PM

i think as far as i know Full House is stull the highest rated asian (korean) tv series ever..

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:27 AM

minicanimonico, on Sep 18 2005 12 00 AM, said:

i wish they would show it here-- ive read that its really nice...wait...where can you buy korean movies here in the philippines..(manila)like IL MARE, DAISY,MY BOYFRIEND IS TYPE B..the lead actress is jun ji hyun for il mare and daisy and for my boyfriend is type b its han ji ye and lee dong gun..pls?!ive watched some korean movies and i think its really nice and funny...pls....i need to know...where &how can i buy it with a cheaper price...pls..post it early.... :blush

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if burn copies are okay with you, here's a couple of site:
http://www.burnmeacopy.cjb.net
http://web.tri-isiys.com/LayzieG

i think they have some original copies for selected titles.. :)

Edited by ShadyzLady, 20 September 2005 - 03:33 AM.

#27 yahoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:35 PM

WOW full house is godly

it neva dropped a single percent but instead it increase compare to otha drama they dropp

Yup i love full house, 1 of best modern series eva seen n very heart warming when the see them 2getha n tryin to love each otha

i still can remember every scene of it even tho i watched it sooo long ago.

#28 _Snowie_

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

the korean series are really popular in the asian countries now...it's a good thing for korea and other countries get to know korea more

#29 ijssel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

i think the dubbers of ABSCBN are much much better than the voice talents of GMA. but i think ABS should choose the koreanovelas that they show more carefully. they do have a good choice in ONLY YOU though. :) SOLID ABS! :)

sy-sy, on Oct 5 2005 8 16 PM, said:

atleast GMA is the no1 network in PHILIPPINES..
:yeah  :yeah  :yeah  :yeah  :yeah  :yeah  :yeah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where in the F#*^^$& corner of the universe did you get this idea???? lol! they cant even rate well in the provinces. :lol?:

#30 iluveu_gene

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:53 AM

i agree.... the best korean series i've ever seen is "save the last dance for me"...and i love wonderful life too because of eugene,shinbi and lee ji hoon (i was hoping they would end up together in the drama series' ending.. :tricky: )

#31 summerboy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

[COLOnoreferalsorange][FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]YES!!!!! Korean series now are a great hang on. It captured my taste! Like FULL HOUSE! Highest gainer of ratings! I really love the it. A unique story, drama comedy!!!! Sometimes i don't want to go out just to watch FULL HOUSE!!! It is very interesting!! Your ratings here in the phils are high! Go Jessie!!!!

#32 sweetpop18

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:34 AM

can you please tell me what you think.... im a lil bit confuse between all of them!!!

they are juz some of mah favorites!! please help!!!

#33 kukluxqueen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

MEMORIES OF BALI!!! it's a combination of drama, action (when nina's mom scolded erika and paolo's forceful character... hehehe...), comdey and ROMANCE!!! all in one drama!!! perfect!!!

Edited by kukluxqueen, 16 January 2006 - 10:09 AM.

#34 pinkpanther0927

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

i've choosen LOVERS IN PARIS... but it was a difficult decision. I also love Memories of Bali, Forbidden Love & Only You... and of course Save the Last Dance.

#35 evelyn54bautista

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

:dance :whistle the best lovestory drama is loving you because you can feel the chemistry of EUGENE and PARK YONG HA. I also love STLD of Ji Sung and Eugene. Please rewind LOVING YOU and invite PARK YONG HA AND EUGENE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

#36 PARPEE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:45 AM

i would definitely choose lovers in paris because it started a very unique and new romantic comedy drama show. but i do also love sassy girl chun yang and sweet 18.

#37 migthyken89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:59 AM

jewel in the palace is now aired in Phil. even though it reciece much credit to us,, it still the full house is on the rank.. w/c means it is still most favorable in here...
well, let just wait if JITP can beat it..........
since its just started here, let just support it....
never seen like it before....

#38 migthyken89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:33 AM

3 years ago, (if im not mistaking) the asianovela start to capture Filipinos Heart. from different network(GMA7,ABs-CBN 2) they recruit some Novelas from KOREA, TAIWAN etc.....
now that is a big hit Not only in the phil. also to other asian country...........

#39 tonks26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:03 AM

eh, tough choice. I love Lovers in Paris, Memories of Bali, and Stained Glass. I wanna see Jo In Sung and Kim Soong Su in more dramas!

#40 bestmariel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:51 PM

Yeah definitely... now New Channels like QTV are flooded with lots of Asian Dramas like
All In, Hotelier, & The Body Guard ect.

on the other hand there are other channels that have Jewel in the palace, A Love To Kill (Soon To Come), Only YOu, and other Dramas from different Asian Countries.... uh just out of curiousity are you trying to ask a question or trying to say something about the dramas in the Phillipines? ^_^'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users